Boulder Bicycles Defiant

nutallabrot

Devout Dirtbag
Here are some pics of my 1992 Boulder Defiant.

Its mainly XTR with Race face cranks and Syncros bits. Enjoy!

009.JPG

0103.JPG

016.JPG

Jens,

so you're not just collecting Manitous ;)

I like the Boulder! Great colour :cool: And nicely built! Two thumbs up!

Cheers,
Chris

That is absolutely stunning.. :shock:

What a great build, solid Syncros kit on there.. Would be finished off perfectly with a set of Revolution cranks ;)

But as it stands there, bloody stunning :cool:

Is the rear shock air/oil? If so, how does it sit with the elastomer front end? Well matched?

@Chris:
The majority is Manitou but there are also some other beauties...will keep you posted ;)

@kingroon
The rear shock is spring/oil. The suspension on the bike needs a tune up (will do that when I have some spare time). The elastomers of the Manitou have hardened over the time and the rear spring is rather stiff as well. All in all, when riding one hardly notices the suspension.

Did I mention the bike is incredibly heavy? Solid steel....

yup, nice clean build :)
I always wondered about these, as the seatpost isnt able to drop any lower than the top tube due to the shock, does the extended seattube flex much? later models obviously have a reinforcing tube from the extended seattube to the top tube.

scant":1ndp0xi3 said:
..does the extended seattube flex much? later models obviously have a reinforcing tube from the extended seattube to the top tube.

Yeah my thoughts too, one heavy saddle landing and.. :shock:

I suppose **shock horror** you could always get a brace piece/tube welded on.. :?:

Back