National Retrobike Event: Trough of Bowland, 27/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to explain but it's about a mile away (towards Long Preston) from the cross roads you turn down just before you get to the main carpark. Pub offers b+b so could be of use. I'll post the name and details up later. Starting here you run up a bit of fire road before joining the course just before the quary. :cool:

brocklanders023":2fpkmpni said:
It's the Dog and Partridge in Tosside ;) Check it out on google.

Pub and cafe are very bike friendly.
Cheers Brock, i've seen it on Google. Will start the next recce from there and almost definitely start the ride from there too.

A pub start a finish sounds like the format we should aim for with every retrobike ride. Great stuff.
Is Tosside right on the Yorkshire-Lancashire border?

drystonepaul":vjl2huag said:
Is Tosside right on the Yorkhire-Lacashire border?

Are we Yorkies to bring our rifles and heavy artillery?? :LOL:

I think we have another, maybe two NE&Yorks members coming along now. Brings the total to six. Should be a pretty equal fight! :twisted:

is there a postcode or google map link to the meeting point so i can work out what time to leave gods country to get down there :LOL: ;)

i will be down on the pace......though the way i go through bikes it could be anything.

:oops:

Postcode for the Dog and Partridge is BD23 4SQ. I've done a bit a research and Tosside is unique in that the county boundary splits the town in two. The west is Lancashire and the east is Yorkshire.
It would appear that the pub is on the Yorkshire side of the road... :LOL:

drystonepaul":1f6dedmk said:
Postcode for the Dog and Partridge is BD23 4SQ. I've done a bit a research and Tosside is unique in that the county boundary splits the town in two. The west is Lancashire and the east is Yorkshire.

Well don't expect us to buy the beers then :LOL:

drystonepaul":22bh57uv said:

Wondered why all the good looking people seemed to be on the east side of the village! ;) :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back