1984 UltraliteProducts USA

ongawi

Retro Newbie
Greetings!
Check out my new baby. It's a made-in-japan UP USA.
Judging from the parts, I reckon it's a 1984 bike. I've googled UP USA and came up with nothing. UP may have something to do with a hang-glider manufacturer (also called ultralite products).

When i referred to firstflightbikes i came upon a 1984 specialized stumpjumper Sport that has the exact specs (only renamed/re-branded)

enjoy the pics.
(more pics at my website: FakawiTribe.com )

collage9ov.jpg

collage11ab.jpg

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like a very nice original mid 80s ride (200 GS thumbies excepted, these were late 80s/early 90s).

Hows the riding in malaysia?

I've got people queueing up outside my house offering money to ride this piece of MTB history.

Biking here is pretty intense.
The sport has taken off at an explosive rate in the past few years with the introduction of better and more affordable bikes.

We get to ride all year round in our hot, humid, sweaty and leach/mossie infested jungles..

WOW Elev!
I never thought of looking for MTB articles in motherearthnews.com
Even the article is retro!

Yup, Dan's Pinarello is a keeper. Fine Columbus tubings!
And check out those trick Caramba double barrels!

lovely bikes!
just bought a bar/stem combi like that (NITTO) in new condition
will post it when I´m home

Sweet!

I'm thinking of doing some restoration on the bike bits..
What's the best cure for those small rust spots on the derailleurs and handlebars?
My mate suggested Autosol, a kind of polish paste that works magic on chrome.. is it safe?

AUTOSOL , rub it on rob it off easy :LOL:

safe , yes smells a bit but just like any other polish
if youv`e got a mini drill ( dremel ) or such get some felt bobbins and use those with it , you will be surprised at the result .

some pics of the NITTO bar stem combi,

for polishing I'll always use BELGOM ALU or CHROME polish. (don't know if that's available in the UK....)

Attachments

• NITTO.jpg
    NITTO.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 3,199
  • NITTO 1.jpg
    NITTO 1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 3,199
  • NITTO DETAIL.jpg
    NITTO DETAIL.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 3,199
Back