East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Right we are on for this week my Fusion has just come back from the menders, It was skipping like a bush kangeroo, got them stummped as well, fingers crossed it's all better.

Which day are we playing?????

The frame saga:

Chappie 1 advertises for sale frame and forks plus wheelset and mechs as options for purchaser or as separate items if anyone interested.

Chappie 2 says in post
“Lovely bike! I could be very interested in the wheels and m900 stuff you have listed. Do you have a price in mind and also any pics of the items.
Can I 'dibs' pending further info?

Chappie 3 (me) takes this to mean there is no interest in buying the bike only the parts and pms expressing interest in frame and forks and arranging to visit.

Chappie 3 sees an ad by Chappie 2 posted yesterday selling a bike, and reads that the reason for sale is to fund the purchase of a Mongoose.

Chappie 3 thinks “f**k” !! and pms Chappie 1 expressing excitement about travelling down to Hertfordshire on Tuesday and confirming intention to purchase.

This morning Chappie 1 informs Chappie 3 that a deposit has been taken on the whole package and that the purchaser did actually express interest first.

Chappie 3 expresses disappointment to Chappie 1 in a restrained, polite, and civilised manner and then hits the first child he can find.

:roll: Looks like the message from chappie 2 was basically not sufficiently informative for other interested parties.

Ride Weds night this week OK? Ticknall 7pm?

From my point of view I can only ride Tuesday next week (w/c 15th).

Just a pity Chappie 1 didn't advise of Chappie 2's interest when arranging for Chappie 3 to make a 150mile round trip.

Just a pity Chappie 1 didn't advise of Chappie 2's interest when arranging for Chappie 3 to make a 150mile round trip.

I now believe that Chappie 1 was unaware of Chappie 2's interest in the frame in the early days, so the above was unwarranted.

No hard feelings towards either party.

Ed
Rob
John
Phil
Mat
Khane?

We also have a new person who may be joining us on rides soon - Alex (alexransome). He can't do this week but hopes to join us on future rides - welcome if you're reading this!

In terms of the coming weeks I have managed to negotiate (and get written into the official household diary) the following nights:

Tues Feb 16th
Tues Feb 23rd
Weds March 3rd
Tues March 9th
Weds March 17th
Tues March 23rd
Weds March 31st

Of course anything may come up to change this, but it's perhaps something to work on?

Back