National Retrobike Event: Trough of Bowland, 27/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pic's Mark , some of those sections look really good ! Are there enough climbs for us macc lads ? ;)

Great Klunker trails. Looking forward to it even more now. Would you say its SS friendly Mark?

Si

There are a few climbs, one of which is a slog but not what you'd call steep, so I'd be willing to have a pop on SS and indeed I might do on the ride.

There are a couple of places which are tricky and require a good amount of control and a bit of bottle too. Also the top end of the route up by the crag is quite muddy, but all is pretty much ridable. It rode well enough for me today and I even managed the alternative black route on the rigid Raleigh!

Dr S the Klunker will enjoy this!

Thanks Mark,
as its two laps I'm thinking of doing the first on the Klunker and then the second on something a little newer and having a bit of a blast.

Did you book the fine weather?

Dr S":1xx7dak1 said:
Thanks Mark,
as its two laps I'm thinking of doing the first on the Klunker and then the second on something a little newer and having a bit of a blast.

Did you book the fine weather?
Well on my own and with stops for photos it took me 2 hours to lap the course. So I'd be sceptical on 2 full laps for a large group. But the course is a figure of 8 so one and a half is probably more realistic.

As for the weather, it must be a coincidence that when i ride and take a camera with me the weathers fine. That or i'm a fair weather rider!

As Mark said there's a few hills but the longest are on fire road so make me blow a bit (make that a lot!) but are easy to ride. It was much smoother last summer when it was first re-opened but most of the route should be rideable.

Mark.. It might be worth starting from the pub entrance instead of the car park because there's a cafe by the pub and they have a jet wash that they allow us to use. ;)

BTW, it's worth the trip for the mega rollacoaster down hill bit alone. :D

Its a little dangerous starting from a pub entrance with me and gil in tow. We might not get any further :?

brocklanders023":2cuw7xbc said:
As Mark said there's a few hills but the longest are on fire road so make me blow a bit (make that a lot!) but are easy to ride. It was much smoother last summer when it was first re-opened but most of the route should be rideable.

Mark.. It might be worth starting from the pub entrance instead of the car park because there's a cafe by the pub and they have a jet wash that they allow us to use. ;)

BTW, it's worth the trip for the mega rollacoaster down hill bit alone. :D
Where is this pub /cafe Brock? I had a drive about after my ride and couldn't find anything. As you say that would be the ideal start/finish place.

Paul, i'll try for another recce soon, yesterday was one of those impluse rides when all of a sudden you've got time to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back