June BoTM II **GET YOUR NOMINATIONS IN NOW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
History has shown that there is not always logic and reason behind the winner of BOTM..

This is not a competition to find the uber rare or the mega expensive, it's about personal choice, dedication to a build and tugging the heart strings of all your peers..

Have to say that this month looks to be a hell of a tough competition, mind you we seem to be saying that every month !!

Re: NOS Ritchey

FirstFlight":xpwter7r said:
I haven't submitted anything to the competition before so hopefully this will go OK. I figured since we just got this one, it would make a good first submission. Many of the bikes seem to be newer so I figured we'd go for the true "old school" vote with an earlier bike. Paint was called Wild Irish Rose and was applied by Columbine. All of the parts were black anodized and all the hardware/fasteners were gold plated. Even the spoke nipples and bottom bracket cir-clips were plated. After all of this, the bike was never ridden.

Looks like I'll wait till next month for my one and only submission to the BOTM.

Great stuff Jeff! :shock:

May not be immaculate but ive owned it since new having found it in ATB sales warehouse in early 1994. It was their demonstrator for 1992, the single year they imported them. Its a 1992 Breezer Lightning Pro, originally a low 23lb rigid but over the years I changed bits. It had the 1997 Pace RC 36's you see below for about 9 years and was originally 21 speed Suntour XC Pro. I retired it from main mountain bike duties a year and a half ago when I built up a new 4" full suspension bike.

Its currently my commuter so is running slicks, 2x9 gear setup, its original Breezer rigid forks and a flexstem :) I have no idea how its survived over the years as its had so much use and came away with only a minor saddle tear when I had a huge crash involving a snapped collar bone and it didnt bat an eyelid when I went into orbit on the South Downs at near enough 40mph when I accidentally used a berm as a launch ramp instead of riding round it!

I got 51.3mph out of it last year on the London to Brighton as well and will be using it next weekend for this years event. Sorry for the low quality photos and don't worry, I have cut down those brake/gear outers since taking the photos!!

Attachments

• 100_2882b.jpg
    100_2882b.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,791
  • 100_2890b.jpg
    100_2890b.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,791
Old age (30!), dodgy lower back etc, doesnt like being so low down anymore. I still have the original ritchey flat bars though :)

At the risk of embarrassing myself completly, here is a really old photo showing that it once had flat bars, I am guessing 1996 ish showing it in almost its original spec except for the addition of a Flite, bar ends and front XT V brakes+brace (not sure when they came out?). Still has its full XC Pro setup there as can be seen by the cranks and ultra short cage rear mech. Was the first year of Microdrive I think, 20/32/42 up front and 11-24 7 speed at the back off thumbshifters

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 704
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back