1993 Yeti PRO F.R.O (Ringle show bike)

That is smashin, super and great, all at the same time!

Is it me, or is the handlebar in the wrong way round?

kokies":2agg4sk2 said:
tuercas":2agg4sk2 said:

It's just you.

Yes, I was forgetting that if it was the wrong way round the bend would be backwards....

However, the logos usually face the other way round, looks like they printed this one up backwards, doesn´t it? Not taking away the fact that it is an amazing bike, BTW.

tuercas":3klctk5a said:
kokies":3klctk5a said:
tuercas":3klctk5a said:

It's just you.

Yes, I was forgetting that if it was the wrong way round the bend would be backwards....

However, the logos usually face the other way round, looks like they printed this one up backwards, doesn´t it? Not taking away the fact that it is an amazing bike, BTW.

" 5 degree" is written on the inside of the bar and it is currently right side up when sitting on the saddle. You can see it blurry here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/20441647@N ... 212892339/
However the bar functions the same either way.

tuercas":6sg8drm4 said:
No, but the seatpost shaft is! Just needs re-assembling so that the text and graduations are forward facing. No criticism though, great machine :cool:
And yup, the mojos weren't until 1995. You're doing the right thing keeping the machine period correct. There was a great temptation on some of my early ringlé bikes to try and "complete the family" of parts, like throw on a slamma jamma etc. You're doing the right thing. Thats real class.
I like the way the show machines weren't bling, just class. The components spoke for themselves. In the halls of anaheim in the 1990's it was an anodising extravaganza. The standouts were the subtly cool. Some of the American classic stuff also fell into the cool whoye camp Funny how that whole white thing has had a renaissance 15 years later. .

Stunning mate- well done for bagging it, and double thanx for sharing it :)

elite504":2yd4oj4z said:
No, but the seatpost shaft is! Just needs re-assembling so that the text and graduations are forward facing.

Wow, I am ashamed of myself, and you just ruined my entire build. I must sell all of the parts and start over…

kokies":250oqdev said:
Wow, I am ashamed of myself, and you just ruined my entire build. I must sell all of the parts and start over…
I wasn't having a dig mate! I often find it sad when criticisms come out for peoples dream bikes. Just an observation!
But if you do start over, PM me ;)

Now that really is beautiful, all of the coolest parts of the era orbiting one of the best rigid framesets classic bud!

Latest posts

Back