Sbike 503 finished!!

stumpjumper1990

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I bought this one a few months ago. Don't have the time to upgrade it yet, but I have planned it for the spring! Just put some redwall IRC's on it. Looks good with the blue!

I allways loved these Sbike's and when I saw this one I had to have it.... At the moment it is set up with Altus 10..... But it's getting a complete XT makeover!

Have not even cleaned it... :oops:

Anyone any ideas about the year?

Bike at the moment: more pics at the bottom!

GroteFoto-ONNCJSWU.jpg

GroteFoto-X3V7AXAP.jpg

GroteFoto-VVSJJVOY.jpg

GroteFoto-6JBKYNTH.jpg

GroteFoto-CVQK7CWL.jpg

Pics for now!

GroteFoto-4DNGJG43.jpg

GroteFoto-JXHW74ZZ.jpg

GroteFoto-QSY3ICS7.jpg

GroteFoto-44JAKA76.jpg

GroteFoto-SP3EYJV7.jpg

Really like these steel S-Bikes, think one day I might have to invest in one. As for year i'd say 93 as a rough guide.

clockworkgazz":2whyvw8u said:
looks way cool- like it, looks in great nick!

It is!...... once I cleaned it.... :oops: :oops:

For the moment I'm going with the year 1993, because of sinnett177's comment ;) and the fact is has a Altus 10 kit...

It's really hard to find any info about these Sbike's! :cry:

Does anybody knows what year my Sbike 729 frame is?

Attachments

• 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 9,864
Yeah I've seen this one for sale back a few months ago and was thinking about it myself... but I've got one already ;-) Still have to take mine for a first ride, but I'm afraid I might snap it somewhere (I have the FS model that always cracked).

Cool bike, should be very cool when upgraded with XT parts. As for the year, '93 or '94 would also be my best guess as S-Bike was off the market around 95 (AFAIK).

Void(EN12-82)

Nice bike, great colour :cool:

Excuse me for being thick, but does the 'S' stand for Swiss? (just noticed the Swiss flag there)
I thought they were called S-Bikes in a similar principle to X-wing fighters :oops:

yeah think that is the idea, the parent company were also the ones behind s-watch so think they were going for the global branding idea.

clockworkgazz":1nwxnnlw said:
yeah think that is the idea, the parent company were also the ones behind s-watch so think they were going for the global branding idea.

Are you sure about this? Swiss Bike is still making bikes, like the folding MTB: http://www.swissbike.com/

So, is this the same company that made Sbikes??

Back