2006 RM Blizzard

Neil G

Old School Grand Master
Finally got round to taking some pics of the Rocky before it goes out on it's maiden ride tmw and gets filthy! Not very blingy but I have a soft spot for RM bikes after going to Vancouver a couple of times BITD and bringing one back...there's just something I like about them.

Only thing left to update now are cranks..quite like to keep with the Canadian style and go with RaceFace or Blackspire.

Anyway, looking forward to riding it...definately a keeper :D

Attachments

• RM-Blizzard_2.jpg
    RM-Blizzard_2.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 5,058
  • RM-Blizzard_3.jpg
    RM-Blizzard_3.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 5,058
  • RM-Blizzard_4.jpg
    RM-Blizzard_4.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 5,058
  • RM-Blizzard_5.jpg
    RM-Blizzard_5.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 5,058
That is tasty and a perfect replacement for the duster you had.. the brown additions really suit it! Love the maple leaf decal blend on those :cool:

Nice frame, I like the colours and design of it, just a personal choice of mine, I would have Shimano SLX brakes, shifters, fm, rm and cranks on it and smaller tyres on it to suit the small frame.

On-One have folding Michelin tyres 26 x 2.0 for a tenner each atm :shock:

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/i ... ATFO2.html

SLX was voted best kit last year's mag and you can get them cheap if you look around.

Enjoy the bike :)

Those WTB Rajins are f**king ace in the gloop so they'e going to stay...I have some Exi wolfs for the spring/summer which are slimmer.

Definately not changing the group as I think SLX would be a regressive step compared to Raceface/Blackspire.

Rides very well, went out today in some super muddy conditions as didn't get clogged up, also fits well as I didn't get a single twinge in my back :D

nice! :cool:

but those LX cranks are HUGE! :shock:

definitely would swap out for some RF. ;)

I wouldn't go as far as saying they're huge really, just normal modern fare.

Not sure about using RF now, heard the BBs are shite on them, has anyone has any experience of Blackspire cranks at all as they would be in keeping with the rest of the parts ?

On my ETSX-70, i'm using the BB that came with my RF Deus and it seems to be fine.

you could always go for RF cranks and use another compatible brand BB.

Looking at some Blackspire XC cranks at the moment...reasonable at £94 WO rings (don't need anyway) and including BB. I know their rings are very good but haven't seen many bikes with them on.

I'm looking to buy rings from Blackspire as well. They're known for that. Not so much their cranks. Till you mentioned it, didn't know they had them.

Lovely looking bike, bar the cranks as has been mentioned and also not a fan of the tan coloured charge chainstay protector. Looks a little like a dog with an eye for artistic statements and a severe bout of diarreah has been hanging around the back end of your bike.

Back