Pauls rear mech

no no no!! They do work!!
Just don't change gear.

Putting an eleven tooth jockey on the top really helps :D

Nice colour though.

That's almost got every conceivable anodised colour on it...nice! :cool:

Rich

Thing to do with all these CNCed mechs is to either replace the top jockey with a floater, or get rid of your hyperglide cassette and put a real old school unramped one on. There have been a few Ti cassettes on ebay recently with no ramping which look exactly like the one that I use perfectly with my P. Billet mech and shifters. Just ditch all the shimano!

....yeah but doesnt the shifting go COMPLETLY TO POT??!!!

Its like play "guess which gear I'll be in now" on each pedal turn lol!

Floating top jockey - what do u mean? Must try this as Im using 2 Paul rears and although it DOES shift eventually I find shifting to 11 tooth is nigh impossible. Springs just too sloppy to let it drop onto smallest cog...

Floater is a jockey that has a coupl of mil of movement. Usually shimano made, not the sealed jockey that you have on it at the mo'. Just allows the jockey to line up a little better with the cog rather than have to be absolutely spot on. Or as I said, use a non hyperglide cassette, I've alway found they work fine as long as you're not stomping on the cranks and changing gear at the same time. Honest, no really....

i ve got several precision-derailleurs and like ppl mentioned put a floating pulley (10 teeth?) on top and the shifting, be it with xt or xc pro thumbies with 8 gears it always worked well.
however they aren t as reliable as other derailleurs ;)

ride on

I have the same prob on the bottom cogs too.
TBH, its pretty tough on shimano stuff to get a quick change without sacrificing shifting at other end of block.

I think the 11T I'm using is a floater - couple of thou movement ;)

Hi, I used mine on my Roberts with Sachs gripshifters and a really old hollow link Regina chain.It used to work as long as you didn't shift under too much pressure.The Paul's front mech was much worse,took forever to fine tune until it worked properly.

Back