Question about headsets

PIGEON

Retro Guru
Hi all, first time I'm posting in this subforum!
I have a question about the GT Epoch headset. I can get my hands on a gold one which would suit the colours of my roadbike very well. I'm not sure it will fit though.. The nut that threads onto the fork is 1" so that sould work fine (the bike has a 1" steerer), but will the bearing cups fit into the headtube of a roadbike?

Here's an image of a random headset to maybe clarify what exactly I want to know!

Attachments

• headset.jpg
    headset.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 273
just measured one with my gauge - and the inside measures 1.1/16 0r 27mm - so i don't think it will fit in to the tubes of your road bike

i do remember that us bmx have the same prob some times when buying headsets and they don't fit they rattle :roll: :cry:

you could try a knock it in but you might take it out of shape or do you tubes in :shock:

if you find that you can't use it - would it be possible to buy it off of you please

hope this helps and let me know on my question thanks

cheers B ;)

I just measured an old headset from a roadbike and the outside diameter of the bearing cups "mounting ring" (the part that goes into the frame) is 30mm, and the inside diameter (which isn't really that relevant) is close to 27mm. Did you perchance measure the inside diameter of the mounting ring?
Anyway I already paid for the headset so it should be coming my way at some point this week. If it doesn't fit I'll make sure to contact you!

I can't open the page because I don't have an account there, could you maybe copy/paste the relevant bits? Cheers for thinking with me!

Back