And today I did......

That looks like its in great condition . I'd go with a dark gray .

No drinking , hardly ever drink ; I just had my mind on other things and slipped at the top , came to rest half way down after falling on the side of my leg and arm :oops: :LOL:

While lying there a moment I thought oh brilliant I've " had a fall " like an old duffer :LOL:

sorry to hear that perry, we all have our senior moments these days :oops:

looks good as is jimi, I'd go with the bare frame- you getting the shock sorted and hows that the clockie coming along?

my day started off really badly, my youngest Alistair 18 mths, trapped 2 of his fingers in the door jam, they looked well mangled so off to a&e at 8.30am however after 2.5 hrs hanging around crosshouse he was sorted out with drugs, x-rays and dressing, will lose a nail and have some good war stories but not as bad as it could have been. :?

great bit was just in from a 2 hr run round crawfurdland with my oldest Cameron and we had a blast, he did most of it, which was pretty impressive as it is very technical and muddy- he even did a long log without incident were I fell over :oops: Even got some time in to fix the fat's brakes, man that machine is feckin georgous!

Red wine and chicken fahita's for dinner tonight :D

Ouch bet that hurts :shock:

knees are feeling better , weak but slightly more range of movement so might have a bit of wine later ; doesn't really feel right at ten to five same as it didn't feel right at 4 :LOL:

This page needs to be read with REM's 'Everybody Hurts' playing in the background. Glad everyone's alright though (or not as bad as it could have been anyway).

Jimi, dark gray would look good, looks good shiny though. Keep hoping to see one of these in my size.

Went down to Glentress today with a pal and his laddie - top day out, not very busy either. Couple of sessions on the freeride park, and we did the blue descent from the freeride park 2.5 times. Really good laugh, if only someone good figure out how to extract fearless from the kiddies and turn it into tablet form for us old gits.

Sorry to hear about the wee fella Gazz :( , hope he is'nt too traumatised.

The Clockwork will be done in a couple of weeks, dont know how often i'll use it as the Zaskar is my main rider for now but i'll get it built and see how it goes :cool:

Trapped my left pinkie in the door jam when I was three thus know the horror of that injury for a nipper. Hope he mends well Gaz.

Rode 5 miles on tarmac and am now wasted, bloody ME :x

Further discovered from chatting with my mum that my wheat intolerance is linked to other problems and intolerances which will over the remainder of my life cause more health issues. Seriously fed up and totally knackered but life goes on and loads more retrobiking to do :)

As for the Jap street scrambler look, coolish but just a modern pastiche of whats been done before, the Royal Enfield scramblers are better in that they're based on a genuine old style bike.

Sorry to hear that V - you'll be needin' the Sanatogen Tonic soon :D

I finished this off (for now :roll: ) and went for a wee spin....

DSCF1933.jpg

Intended for use getting me to and from work when circumstances permit.

Girvin? Hmmm - the jury's still out.

Been a bike weekend, toining in the garage till midnight on Friday, and half of Saturday.

Stripped down my owned-from-new 1989 Tufftrax in preparation for a long promised powdercoating. Had to drill the heads off of some steel set screws that had done the aluminium-steel welding thing to my bottle cage clamps despite use of grease, but the seatpost and headset all came off fine. Lot of surface rust in the usual places, but I think she'll pull through:

4337948941_cf4e25bf5c_o.jpg

I'm going to send it to Williams Powder Coating in Falkirk, and collect it next time I'm down. Having spoken to Mr W on the phone he seems a pleasant chap, and it's just a pity that he won't post things back.

Trued a wheel, and had to fabricate a spacer to let me fit a 7 speed cassette to a 9 speed freehub body. In the past this has been easy, just fit something behind the cassette- not this time though. The amount of axle protruding from the body was such that the highest gear would have the chain rubbing the chainstay, which I attribute to the wheel maybe originally being for 135mm rather than 130mm dropouts. So a spacer had to be made that fitted between the cassette and the lockring, but with knurling to let the lockring lock- this was achieved by filling the teeth off of an old 11t sprocket and fitting it in. Seems to work, but what a pain in the arras (as Polonius would say).

Cycled to and from the pub last night, and was pursued along the mean streets of Kirkwall at 1.15am by a plastered guy on feet who thought he could catch a plastered guy on a bike- epic fail.

Took my hangover for a 14 mile spin on the road bike today, at a satisfying 15.7 mph average, given that I felt SOME rough.

Now crazily contemplating doing the 65 mile Edinburgh to St Andrews bike run on 19th June back to back with the Trossachs Ton (100 miles) on the following day...

Although common sense suggests that if I was to cycle 100 miles on the Sunday I'd be as well heading from St Andrews to Aberdeen and getting the boat to Kirkwall. Hmmm.

That's a busy weekend Real, ask around there might be some people near falkirk that could pick up and post the frame back, although it would be more fun to come down and join us for a cycle.

Back