A request...

As an accused avatar offender I feel I should say that if admin have had any direct complaints about my avatar all it would take is a simple and polite PM about it and it would be changed for some thing a little more suitable for those who choose to log onto retrobike whilst at work (as opposed to working :roll: ) .

I would also like to say that my avatar has been complimented more times than I can remember and even commented on some peoples signatures as suitable for prime minister long with another members avatar - showing many are not offended in any way.

I have to also admit that the eye candy thread went maybe a bit too far with pictures that seemed only able to be found only by turning safe-search off on your chosen search engine.

either way I'm happy and can see both sides of the argument ;)

my missus said it looks like we are all a bunch of sad pervs anyway, and thats not just about the avatars :LOL:

retrobikeguy said:
As an accused avatar offender I feel I should say that if admin have had any direct complaints about my avatar all it would take is a simple and polite PM about it and it would be changed for some thing a little more suitable for those who choose to log onto retrobike whilst at work (as opposed to working :roll: ) .

:D Please keep you avatar. Its one of my fav along with the Posh26 :LOL:
Mary Whitehouse is dead

As a woman on this site I have not yet been offended by any of the avatars used. I did miss the eye candy thread, has it been removed?? So cannot comment on that. I have noticed, very occasionally, conversations can get slightly blue but as yet never offending to my female sensitivities, on the whole they have given me much amusement.

I am of course very envious that retrobikeguy can gat a 90kb avatar when I can only get 8kb, I had been so desperate to get a nice complementary male backside of my own. :LOL: only joking.

On the whole I would say this site is the most, easy going, friendly and laidback bike site I go on and I would really hate it to change :)

:D Isaac_AG Agree totally with you. Well said. The eye candy is in the 'off topic' section. I've just posted a picture for the ladies ;)

The retrobike adult image / avatar policy can now be found here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11203

The gist is we don't want to see adult / sexual avatars or posts in the main forum. Will continue to let the eye candy thread run but please don't let it slide into pure grot.

Don't want to seem like a killjoy or prude but at the end of the day this is a bike forum. A few things have also been metnioned to myself along with this post being made. If anyone feels they'd like to discuss things further please drop me a PM.

Isaac_AG":29xpmud6 said:
I am of course very envious that retrobikeguy can gat a 90kb avatar when I can only get 8kb, I had been so desperate to get a nice complementary male backside of my own. :LOL:

that would have been a bit of fun, but I'm afraid you and I would have been called a pair of asses and it would have been made short lived anyways,

Good to hear from a female (and probably a young) member of the site that though that bodily parts are not offensive to you and dont stop you enjoying the site :) .

anyway, I have been hung, drawn and quartered for my sinful display of cheeky fun and my avatar now just shows my frustration at some people :LOL:

thats me done on the subject.

BTW, if you want a nice 90kb sized avatar like mine that you have seen of the net simply right click over the avatar sized item, copy the link and the add it into the 'Link to off-site Avatar' box in your profile ;)

Well there's nothing like joining a party when everyone's gone home is there...!

Got to say, hat off to Joe for speaking up.

Don't in any way wanna be a killjoy either but I have to agree that it isn't that welcoming and just a bit embarrassing to me when I want to recommend newcomers here.

For me it's not about the unsafe for work angle, that's not a problem as such (bad language appears to be part of the job description), but it would be nice to keep the sexism out of it. We are a friendly cycling community here, (such a rarity) let's be equal and welcoming to all and not be slapping (funny - but if you think about it, objectifying and kind of embarrassing) pictures all over the place.

:)

Didn't mean to offend someone! Sorry if I did in some way! Totally agree with the arguments brought forward! Already changed my avatar! Now get back to work :LOL: !

Cheers,
Chris

P.S.: Where is the eye-candy thread ? :D ;)

posh26":34z6lq9o said:
Didn't mean to offend someone! Sorry if I did in some way!

Personally I am not offended by filth. I quite like it. However I can see how people are offended.

But I think it's less about offending people personally and more about not making it ok to just accept sexism. It isn't very grown up and it isn't going to help an already too exclusively male sport reach a wider audience.

This place is so much more Dirtrag and so much less MBR and because of that I am proud to be affiliated with it.

And no this isn't some moral high ground crusade, just a plea for some maturity in some areas. I think it's ok to be a little mature sometimes considering how silly most of us behave normally.

:D :D :D

retrobikeguy":fbozl23u said:
that would have been a bit of fun, but I'm afraid you and I would have been called a pair of asses and it would have been made short lived anyways,

Good to hear from a female (and probably a young) member of the site that though that bodily parts are not offensive to you and dont stop you enjoying the site :) .

Oh yes I'm very young :LOL: Well at heart anyway or is it just that I’m immature :D. I have four children from 2 to teenager they all saw your avatar and I felt no need to hide it from them. Although I did have one complaint about it, the left eye was always on the ass while the right was struggling to read the add not wanting to be left out :LOL:

I can of course appreciate that others might have felt offended by some of the pics on the eye candy thread, in the off topic section, even though I was not, but I’d make a cr*p feminist anyway. I will say that at no time during any post on Retrobike, how ever naughty they might have become, have I ever felt as a (young) woman, that I was left out, insulted or that I could not contribute to the conversation.

Sorry retrobikeguy I shall morn your asses passing :D

Back