1996 Litespeed Tellico - Now 16 Ibs 10.7 Oz - Updated Page 4

GoldenEraMTB":1o8fj8m9 said:
This reminds me...

I could've had one of these; the chinese delivery guy was making his rounds on one; the litespeed and tellico decals were gone. He said I could have it in trade for an old stumpy that I picked up for around $100...I didn't have the heart. Oh well.

what didn't you have the heart to do? give up the stumpy? or take advantage of the guy? :LOL: ;)

Getting very close to finishing this..., just a problem with the rear brake boss and some final bits I might swap

Quite happy with the weight of the almost finished bike: 18.73 Pounds

Don't think the pics do it justice, it really is stunning in the sunshine! will do some more soon

CapeVerde417x.jpg

CapeVerde403x.jpg

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, have not actually ridden the bike in anger yet due to the rear brake problem (and it being minging and cold at the mo outside!)

sastusbulbas: Yep, got your PM, still not had time to play around with the brake bosses, am thinking about lathing but not sure on the weakening effect on a critical area!

See enclosed weights for those that are interested:

Having looked I could quite easily take 1-2 Pounds off the bike weight, but the current build is fully ridable all day long, i.e no super super lightweight breakable stuff

bikeweights3-1.jpg

Your bike is certainly a feather weight. Have you weighed the whole bike to see if it matches the total amount in your spreadsheet? Also, your frame looks like it's one of the lighter Tellico's. Compared to the 17" frame on Weight Weenies, yours weighs 1416 and theirs weighed 1502 (including seat clamp)

Back