Rocky Mountain Fusion 1995 on longterm test;Spec sheet added

rocky mountain

Devout Dirtbag
any thoughts?
used solidly since 1995, been to NZ three times with it, ridden in all weathers.
Currently being used to ride to work, mind you it always was. I never learned to drive.........

Frame will be retiring in 2008, the parts will live on on another frame.

Attachments

• PC085431.JPG
    PC085431.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 3,892
If that were mine, give a good bath in Muc-Off, slip a Flite on, straight bar and it would look lovely.

Nice forks BTW :cool:

no bath till xmas

will clean it next weekend, 80 more miles this week, then its big tyres, a new back wheel (hope disc plus braking rim for an eventual upgrade next year to full discs).
will be able to ride it really off road, well bridlepath.

Attachments

• PC085433.jpg
    PC085433.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 3,884
SPEC SHEET

Frame; Steel, Welded in Tawain; but Made in Canada...
Stickers; Two Apple logo's, a plastic Tikki headbadge, and a NORBA one.
Fork; Pace R31
Headset ; Hope, with Hope HeadDoctor
Stem; Specialized generic, but do have a Manitou for Answer DH circa late 90's
Handlebar: OnOne Marys's, but see above
Grips; Race Face

Have had most Shimano known to mankind, but current

Brakes; Have had Cantis and V brakes. Now Deore Disc on front, riding on the left hand. Xt V pulling on the right hand.
Cantilever cable hangers; In the shed.
Brake Levers; Deore for both front and bank; rubbed the logo off on the front to avoid shame.
Shifters; Unusually a matching pair of LX 9 speed. Started out with STX-RC, then Gripshift and back to Rapidfire.
Front Derailleur; Deore
Rear Derailleur; XT
Cassette; XT
Chain; Covered in all sorts, lubricated with WD40
Cranks; Dont know, but they are original!
Chainrings; Middleburn, 22 and 46, TA 36( will check later)
Bottom Bracket ; Not changed since 2000, so it must be good
Pedals; Cheap old shimano's , did have some of the £100 ones in the 1990's
Quick Releases; Hope
Rims; Mavic 618
Hubs; Hope disc front, XT rear, replacing with Hope Disc and XM719 next week
Tyres; Hutchinson SemiSlicks.
Saddle; Giro, the one with fur hide;now bald. Can you get them anymore, great grip
Seatpost;Thompson; now i am a Clydesdale; was a USE skinny one
Weight; Variable, due to winter gear or summer, mud and me.

Hi Rocky Mountain

I have just tracked down your blog, I hope that you are still around.
My ride is a Rocky mountain Fusion 1995 model and the very thought of selling her sends shivers down my spine, I spend alot of time on here trying to track down other Fusions a rear breed i feel. What did happen to yours in the end?

Mine gets ridden every dy to work and we go out for a good spin in the week.

Legacy555".. trying to track down other Fusions a rear breed i feel. [/quote said:
There are at least anther two if not more on here. Probably rare as Rocky where quite rare in themselves in the late 80's and early part of the 90's
End of the 90's I hear was not good for them in the UK (lack of importer ?)

Hi Fluffy Chicken

In the early 90's we used to ride through Sherwood pines Infact we raced there on 4 occasions, on the start line straight on the grass verge a bike shop owner had a table and he sold his stuff, mainly inner tubes and last minute items we got to know him very well and used his shop for all our mountian biking needs, We ended up going on some big rides with Alan the shop keeper and within his group of freinds 4 of us had Rocky Mountain's His shop suffered when foot and mouth arrived and is no longer there. He stocked Rocky Mountain, RIP UK Rock and Road.

What do you ride?

Upgraded Rocky Mountain, now entering a third decade........

due to car sharing, i now ride to a colleague, 3 miles each way and then on wednesdays 11 miles each way(no lift). when the mud dries outa bit, i will abandon the road and ride through sherrards wood in wgc to his house.

its all good and my homer simpson physique may go.

anyhow here are some new pics. dug out a replacement answer manitou stem( the orginal cracked) its never been on the bike since i got it in 1997? hope disc brake on the front and flat bars with bar ends! and some new gaffer tape for the saddle.

it actually rides better than with a short stem and on one mary bars.

Attachments

• 07022010499.jpg
    07022010499.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 3,246
  • 07022010501.jpg
    07022010501.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 3,246
Back