Retrobike Endura Kit Review

daj":y5gt4187 said:
gump":y5gt4187 said:
The windtex jacket is great!

But like you, never thought it would be waterproof. Need something a bit special to be proper waterproof. Splashproof, puddle proof, quick light spray - ok. Nice and warm, not too much, good cut. Ideal autumn winter jacket :D

Got caught out today in some pretty ropey rain over a 3 hour period, I have to say I was dry when I got back, not bad hey :cool:

:LOL: yep, spent an hour in the rain yesterday unplanned, I too came back dry. Water doesn't run off it, but seems to keep dry inside. Good stuff.

Pickle":1vkdv5tw said:
LS MTB Jersey:

Comfy, plenty of room to wear a vest and longsleeve top underneath for extra warmth.

However, its not very stain resistant. First ride in it was a muddy one at Sherwood Pines, and it was quite stained when it came out of the washing machine :(

Will try some stain remover and see if that helps, but if not I will be very disappointed :(

Interesting point on the stains. Have had my Endura kit utterly filthy in mud and it's come spotlessly clean every time. Anyone else had an issue with staining?

No stains here!! :cool:

DSC_0443.jpg

Had Pro bib shorts with female pad which is very comfortable. John kindly obtained samples for me to ascertain size but despite this shorts were smaller and bib straps much shorter than the sample by a long way.

I was glad though that I hadn't specified a shorter straps as a custom sizing!

Wore them today and one advantage of the "spray on" fit is that they fitted beautifully under unpadded tights without adding too much bulk!

Thought I'd post up my own thoughts on some the kit I ordered. People have covered the regular ss/ls jerseys and bibs sp I'll review the other kit.

Lycra Tights

Well cut tights in thin-ish lycra. Ideal for wearing over your preffered shorts. Normally wear leg warmers in all but the coldest conditions as I normally dislike tights over shorts. These however are great, although thin worn to temps around freezing without problem.

Windtex Jacket 4017

As said before a warm and well cut garment. Worn it out in temps well below freezing recently with little more than a undervest and a winning smile. It has kept me warm and dry throughout. Sometimes find jerseys of a slightly heavier weight such as this can be stiff and uncomfortable - this isn't. For the money (and in the great colour way) can recommend this!

Roubaix Jacket 4033

Good mid weight jersey. Ideal for autumn riding. Again well cut.

John,

Are you planning on putting another order in the near future?

Cheers

Dave

@martintobike -> thanks for the endura review, however this was intended to be specifically for retrobike custom endura clothing, i.e. retrobike kit. Not generic endura items.

@daj -> will be starting an order in the next couple of weeks, this will include baggy shorts :cool:

Any feedback on prolonged use of the Endura kit? I'll be honest and say I've not had much luck with the newer stuff, in fact my old stuff is outliving the new :? Does look good though and wondered how it was bearing up.

Back