My Holdsworth & Mercian

harleysteve08

Dirt Disciple
Hi, thought i'd share my 2 road bikes with you.. the Holdsworth ive had for about 15 yrs, and have all the original stuff for it but upgraded it a bit.. and the Mercian i had from new. Comments welcome !

Mercian.jpg

NuovoRecord.jpg
[/img]

Hi, i forgot to ask a question..the Holdsworth is a nuovo record.. i was told it was from about 1970? any experts out there? i think i paid about £100 for it.. seemed a lot in the mid 90's, no idea what they fetch now and dont see many of them on the road but its a really nice bike..

The Mercian: I would imagine creates a similar feeling when you looked at photos of Catherine Deneuve in her 60s and went....PHWOOAARR!!!

The Holdsworth: that must feel like going for a ride with Biggles; I bet it gravitates toward cafes selling Cream Teas. Pure artwork.

I doubt it is 1970 with the under bracket cable routing and the brazed on bottle cage fittings.

Whatever, nice bikes!

I like the Mercian lugwork especially.

Hi, yes this has nuovo record in white script along the top tube near the headset too. It was dated by cycling magazine as 70 but guess they could be wrong. I was trying to remember the year I bought it, it was before 82 definitely and the previous owner said it was about 10 yrs old? Anyways.. its great! I havent seen another quite like it.

here's mine - the catalogue says 1982.....
picture of mine now sporting ergo's and a leather/suede saddle...
and the red one isa holdsworth mistral - about the early 70's

Attachments

• holdsworth NR.jpg
    holdsworth NR.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 3,843
    123.4 KB · Views: 3,843
Back