And today I did......

kaiser":39waz5jf said:
big.eck":39waz5jf said:
The Ken":39waz5jf said:
Eck could you not adapt one of the wheels to make a rear - might need to be SS - then you would have the worlds first 4 disc bike setup:)

i've thought about it and it could be done quite easily "goes away to put thinking cap on" :LOL:

:LOL: Velo solo do a bolt on sprocket which fits disc mounts ;)

a'd seen them , i'd just need to space it away from the disc with washers . damm this place with all the good ideas....... :cool:

Bike brakes are wussy. These are the new brakes on my Alfa. 6 pistons per wheel!!

Will be a shame to cover them up with the wheel :cool:

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 150
they look like my old hi-spec calipers i had on the cossie :D they were alright for the money i guess ?

I'm sure Si's car will be fabulous when its finished but its telling that the only way to get a decent Alfa Romeo is to rebuild it yourself :shock:

As for a twin disc rear I cant see that working as the bolt on sprocket would make the bike a fixed which would mean five brakes ie: 4x discs and your legs :shock:
You could use a trials crank which fits the screw on ss freewheel but thats still only single speed.
4 Discs is just a wee bit stupid.
Whatabout 2 x hydraulic rim brakes, 4 x discs and your legs, the worlds most overbraked fixed gear bike :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's a little unfair Velo. 105 series Giulias are fantastic cars. You have to remember that mine is 40 years old next year and the design of most of the mechanical parts dates to the 50's (the engine is based on a 30's grand prix engine) When you consider that it came with coil over suspension, all round disc brakes, an all alloy twin cam engine and a 5 speed gearbox when launched in 1964 it adds up to a remarkable car.
The styling is timeless and its one of the few cars that has been displayed in the New York Museum of Modern Art. Survival rates are very good for sixties cars, dispelling the myth that they are unreliable and rust prone- mine has never had any structural welding and has been 100% reliable over 5 years of ownership including several European high speed trips. Finally the performace is stunning by any standards. In modified form they will lap the Nurburgring in under 8m 30s and on my return from France last summer it averaged 82.6mph from Portsmouth to Morpeth- at one point running at over 120mph for a full hour without complaint.
A remarkable car indeed.

velomaniac":2v6e4h6q said:
...the only way to get a decent Alfa Romeo is to rebuild it yourself :shock:

And your choice of car is velo :) ...can you call it a car when you don't need a car license to drive it on the roads?

Cars are shite!

Just bugger off to a petrol-head fanny baws forum with your twin cam fuel injection twaddle :twisted:

anyway buffed up my beartraps tonight twas almost spiritual, the fat is almost done!

Back