Mountain Cycle San Andreas

Serotonin

Retro Newbie
My 1999 model (if I remember correctly) San Andreas.

Pics are without wheels as I have chained them to the shed and cant find the padlock key, but Im sure I will dig it out eventually.

I rode it from 1999 to around 2003, not particulalry hard, mainly trail riding and some cross country. The forks were new in 2002 (again if I remember correctly). No dents to frame as far as I can see, although the rear swingarm has some chips on the chain stay, and the main body has a few stone chips as you can probably expect from a bike thats been ridden. Its sat unloved in my shed since around 2003 apart from a couple of rides 2 years back around my local park to see if it still worked (it does!)

Spec as far as I can recall is:

LX crankset, BB, rear mech, V brakes and levers.
STX RC shifters
XT front mech
Cane Creek head set
Marzochi Z1 CR forks
World Force riser bars
Planet X stem
Wheels are Mavic D521 on LX hubs with Panracer Smoke 2 tyres
X Lite Clikon seat post
Nisene Fizik seat.
DMR V12 pedals

sandy-1.jpg

sandy-2.jpg

sandy-3.jpg

sandy-4.jpg

sandy-5.jpg

Im in Bristol so would prefer local pick up or delivery ( Im happy to drive an hour or so either way), but I can post by courier although unsure of cost of that- would need to find out.

Looking for around £350.

Cheers

Chris

San Andreas are a kind of one-size-fits-all - you can adjust the seat mast position and where the shock mounts, too, to make it 'bigger' or 'smaller'.

orange71":19xjuuj6 said:
San Andreas are a kind of one-size-fits-all - you can adjust the seat mast position and where the shock mounts, too, to make it 'bigger' or 'smaller'.

Exactly right.

Im 6ft 4 and Ive got the settings on the largest frame size, and it fits me fine. But the frame positions can be swapped out very easily for smaller riders.

I keep coming back & back & back , looking at this
I just cant love that colour! :( , If it was the 8" travel frame I might have been able to!
Somebody will love it I'm sure.
Free bump :cool:

Gc

enid_puceflange":izyh7c42 said:
I keep coming back & back & back , looking at this
I just cant love that colour! :( c

:D :LOL: Well I guess that was why the rep claimed it was a very limited edition!

San Andreas are love 'em or hate 'em in the looks department and I guess this colour scheme adds to that. Personally I love it! :D

someone in wanted has been after one of these, iirc wasnt the seatpost parts changeable (yes) you just bought thje right size? otherwise i cant see how it adjusts

You might be right on buying new seat post bits. But if you also look at where it attaches to the frame you can see some unused lugs below where its bolted on. You can change the ride position by moving the seat frame part down and attaching at that point.

Back