Aeronaut's DMR Trailstar

btw, would you have any chain recommendations? preferably half link.

i got a bit bogged down with the amount of chains out there but I do have a few in mind

Wheels look great :D

Chains...got to be something reliable & BMX orientated, KMC perhaps?

Aeronaut":kora7fgk said:
btw, would you have any chain recommendations? preferably half link.

The Shadow chain is the best of a bad bunch. None of the other half link chains are worth bothering with.

The bike looks great, btw. Been meaning to comment on it for a while.

Don't waste your time with a half link , ditch that tensioner too .

I use a kmc 1/8 on my cindercone that I get cheap from the cyclesport warehouse . My trailstar has a cheap £4 1/8 but that's constantly covered in mud .

perry":1uh4ui7z said:
I use a kmc 1/8 on my cindercone that I get cheap from the cyclesport warehouse . My trailstar has a cheap £4 1/8 but that's constantly covered in mud .

Yeah, the regular KMCs are fine.

I use a KMC Z710 'Kool Chain' on my BMX. They are very good but if you're not on a 4 pegged street BMX, riding around bashing your chain on lumps of concrete all day, you don't really need something heavy duty that was designed to deal with impacts as much as other aspects of loading (the Shadow chain was designed take impacts as well).

Izumi 1/8 chains are excellent, especially the track ones.

The only reason to have a half link chain on a SS MTB is if you have vertical dropouts and need one to get chain tension.

Some good input there guys, much appreciated!

Looks like it could be a kmc then, plus they are well priced compared to chains like the shadow and similar spec'd half links. The kmc/onza kool chain was one i've had my eye on so might just go with that and be done with it...

unless i change my mind at the last minute like i do :roll: :D

beagle":3hz17b0a said:
perry":3hz17b0a said:

Yeah, the regular KMCs are fine.

I use a KMC Z710 'Kool Chain' on my BMX. They are very good but if you're not on a 4 pegged street BMX, riding around bashing your chain on lumps of concrete all day, you don't really need something heavy duty that was designed to deal with impacts as much as other aspects of loading (the Shadow chain was designed take impacts as well).

Izumi 1/8 chains are excellent, especially the track ones.

The only reason to have a half link chain on a SS MTB is if you have vertical dropouts and need one to get chain tension.

Pretty much spot on

I've ridden KMC chains on BMX for years with no probs although 99% of that has been trails.

Another moody sunday, crap light, could have stayed in bed! but here's a few hasty full shots as requested.
I've gotta say it feels lightish carrying it outside but might be something to do with the amount of air squeezed into the tyres, or maybe it was the extra weetabix i had..

so here she is so far

DSCN3771.jpg

DSCN3774.jpg

DSCN3769.jpg

Even though the trailstar is a heavy frame it doesn't feel like a "dead" weight , When you ride you don't really notice it . Mines 33lbs :LOL:

perry":l0fjcn03 said:
Even though the trailstar is a heavy frame it doesn't feel like a "dead" weight , When you ride you don't really notice it . Mines 33lbs :LOL:

You got me on the case tonight for the sake of curiosity so went and borrowed some scales. It came in at at bang on 25lb as it currently stands not that weight was ever an issue, but it's good to know :)
Will be nice to see what it comes out at when complete.

Back