1995 Scott Pro Racing

scrapper

Retro Guru
Its finally time to start my build and resto of my 1995 Scott Pro Racing build that i bought from Gravy Monster earlier last year

An achilles tendon rupture has laid me up for several months , and as this bike is not going to be just for show , but an actual rider & racer...im ready to strip down my older Scott Boulder and transfer some of the parts across

Ive decided that the build will not be a faithful resto , mainly because the origional build had Front suspension , which i detest with a passion

instead it will be a mix of the origional XTR , some XT , all built on a fully rigid platform using some PACE RC-30 forks i obtained recently

The frame is currently away to have the rear Canti bridge removed at my friendly local framebuilder Edison Cycles http://www.edisoncycles.co.uk/

From there its going for a powdercoat in the origional "titanium" colour , Gil_M should be reproducing the decals , then its build , build , build

heres a catalogue picture of the origional bike

bikescan.jpg

Rigid fork for this bike is not a crime ;) look to catalogue - Team Racing and Comp Racing was available with rigid forks, and they have same geometry :D
Waiting impatiently for final effect!
BTW I know it's not this topic, but may I ask about Your Scott Boulder? Which year, colour and size (maybe some picture? :roll: ) thanx

Boulder

The origional Boulder is pretty much unrecognisable , powder coated a bright red about ten years ago....im not sure any of the origional parts exist....its been sidelined for a friend to use as a winter hack (which im sure will tempt him never to return to his full suss son of the devil bike)

Scott Update

Ok all a few updates to the most recent work

Ive almost completed a resto of the PACE RC30's i found via this site , the legs have been powdercoated black and a new threadless steerer with sufficient length has been added (supplied by Fork English)
Ive also added some nice PACE decals to the legs , although these arent the origional purple , i prefer the nice simple silver graphic , ive also positioned them lower down the fork legs , as per the later model forks.

just hunting for some Ti bolts for the crown now...

P1010107.jpg

Second bit of work is to remove the Brake bridge from the frame. As i wont be putting the original XTR cantis back on , but using V's instead.
Had this work done at my local framebuilding cycle shop , Edison Cycles , near chesterfield...http://www.edisoncycles.co.uk and im very happy with the result
P1010108.jpg

should manage to get the frame blasted & powdercoated in the next couple of weeks

Tubing

not 100% sure if its tange tubing or not
its listed as "Liteflite" cro-mo and the catalogue does not specify a manufacturer...its certainly lightweight though

Looking forward to the updates.

Good to see you're putting on the pace forks. I've never got on with hardtails either. For me its either fully rigid or full suss.

I like the Scott frames though, and should look nice and clean with the canti bridge removed.

Looking good so far.

Easter update

Got the frame back from the powdercoaters yesterday , so ive fitted up a few of the bits to make me drool over what can be...
P1010160.jpg

still looking for some control tech handlebars for the front end if anyone sees any please let me know
P1010161.jpg

next step is to get my Race Face cranks powdercoated black as ill never be able to afford any cooks
then i can get the cantis through the dishwasher & fitted up and get the wheels and NOS tyres fitted
hoping to get the Decals ordered soon , and im seriously thinking i might get them cut in chrome rather than the origional yellow for that individual touch
still cant ride off road for several weeks due to the busted achilles , but its getting closer

Back