A request...

Joe

Retro Guru
I like the atmosphere on this forum and I really enjoy riding with you all but I have a little request...

Can we try to keep this forum a bit clean please? with some of the avatars and some of the threads (eg eye-candy) this forum is becoming both unsafe for work and less accessable to any young or female cyclists.

I was fairly embarassed to have to explain away some of these things recently when showing some cycling friends the site - with the extra publicity etc that the site will recieve from mountain mayhem lets make it welcoming rather than another mountainbike forum clique.

Thanks
Joe

Seconded on the avatars - the threads can be avoided, especially if something like NSFW (Not Safe For Work) is in the title, but nice as it is to see some of the avatars, it's not really what you want people seeing over your shoulder at work.

Without creating work for JV, how about the facility for everyone to have 2 avatars (public & watershed), and then in my profile I get to choose whether I see "public" or "watershed" avatars from everyone else? Does that make sense?

On the flip side, perhaps people should be working and not looking at this site during working hours anyway?

(Sorry, manager in me trying to escape)

Possibly not opening the 'eye candy' thread whilst at work is the most sensible course of action?

:D

Russell":1wmahrno said:
On the flip side, perhaps people should be working and not looking at this site during working hours anyway?
(Sorry, manager in me trying to escape)
Possibly not opening the 'eye candy' thread whilst at work is the most sensible course of action?

Being obsessed as I am I assumed eye candy was going to be a thread about nice looking bikes & having lunch whilst browseing the forum is a great way to un-wind a bit and is quite permitted. NSFW in the title would've been ace.

Without creating work for JV, how about the facility for everyone to have 2 avatars (public & watershed), and then in my profile I get to choose whether I see "public" or "watershed" avatars from everyone else? Does that make sense?

That'd be a huge amount of work when actually it only requires a little discretion

most other forums just add NWS to thread titles,i think the avatars are all fine,seen alot worse!

Must admit that the first time I opened that thread I was expecting to see some lovely anodized CNC parts... Got quite a shock I can tell you :)

Thanks for posting Joe, been mulling this issue over for a few days. Will be posting official retrobike policy soon.

Ditto

Agreed, I didn't want to be the first to say it but some of the avatars could be problematic.

Since this is a bike related site, I'd like to be able to check it out on my mini-breaks from work, but the nudity spoils it.

Latest posts

Back