snowflake wheel

welly

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just today recieved the magic front tyre i have been after, following the pace front hub i recieved last week, (its built onto a new rim iknow), but i decided to build it snowflake....just something a little different to 3 cross.It always got mixed response when i built them in the shop but i kinda like them and just cant wait to finish building my fisher to see how they ride!

Attachments

• bits 010.jpg
    bits 010.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 6,264
  • bits 009.jpg
    bits 009.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 6,260
It is different .

I cant even imagine building a normal wheel , so one like that ........... :oops:

I've got a couple of snowflake front wheels, one ringle one pace and they always get commented on. I think they look great and are really stiff.

snowflakes

I had forgotten all about snowflake builds!! i had one years ago paired to a fiberflyte build rear....didnt think anyone built them anymore.
Still looks great.

Welly,

Good looking builds. I use to turn out about 2 pair a week when I was building for the local shop...course that's been quite a while ago.

Could you help me remember...how much spoke length do you add to the normal 3x calculations for the twist (4-6mm is sticking in my head???).

cheers,

rody

Yeah, I'm gonner build myself one of those, just cos really!
would also like to know the extra spoking length calculation.
going onto a hack that i ride to work on.
cheers alan.

Back