18lb, 4oz ...of Tom's finest steel.. . :) updates page 5

Greatgreatgreat bike Si! :D
As posted before, I really love Ritchey's frames.
Please, don't blame me, but: why not thumbs (as before) or cantis?
;)

cyb

Greatgreatgreat bike Si!
As posted before, I really love Ritchey's frames.
Please, don't blame me, but: why not thumbs (as before) or cantis?

Well I found the thumbshifters, even though really nice to use, and TBH, prefer the function of them, I prefer the look of the underbar shifters..

But these are being changed for something else again soon.. ;)

No cantis,, as I really like to stop when I feel the need :shock: :LOL: :LOL: , as this beauty really fly's .. ;)

In fact I am having to upgrade the brakes , to something lighter and more powerful :shock: :cool:

Here she is then :)

I really hope you like it.. :)

Your comments are kindly welcomed... :)

Weight as seen 18.6lbs.. :) and no the batteries are fine.. ;)

Very nice! :cool:
Do us a favour , Si - Can you measure the chainstay length, please? I'd be interested to see how that's changed over the years, if at all.
Ta, Nick

Sithlord":3qs1v88w said:
Thanks Rich :)

Nick , yea I'll measure them later today for you and let you know.. :)
Ta.
I've already got my 22 down to 21lbs just by changing the tyres. :D
There's another 1/2 lb in the stem, and a fair bit in the saddle. If I get below 20lbs I'll be well choofed! Dunno how you manage 18lbs. :?

suburbanreuben wrote :

Do us a favour , Si - Can you measure the chainstay length, please? I'd be interested to see how that's changed over the years, if at all.
Ta, Nick

Sorry for the delay fella, just measured them for you and center of the bb to the centre of the rear wheel dropout measure 430mm :) ;)

Thanks guys for the comments, I have been holding off putting this up for BOTM, but decided its time,, I am really happy with the way it looks at the mo, like I say just the brakes and levers/shifters/bb to change really and thats it, I am going to leave it.. (I think :LOL: :LOL: )

I've already got my 22 down to 21lbs just by changing the tyres.
There's another 1/2 lb in the stem, and a fair bit in the saddle. If I get below 20lbs I'll be well choofed! Dunno how you manage 18lbs

Nick,, you should be able to get the weight down further fella, look at things like the inner tubes, I was surprised how much you can loose from that key area alone..

Bolts and fixing are another overlooked area too.. if you need any help give me a shout.. ;)

Back