Show me your single speeds!

bash":krwkas7a said:
Hi everyone I'm new to this site and I'm loving these bikes,here's my first effort at ss not retro I know but it has a retroness feel maybe :?:

welcome to the site matey, i like those forks, very nice :)

Cheers for that, the're salsa cro-moto's I'm just waiting for the right size steel hardtail frame to come along at the right price and transfer every thing to that :cool:

My single speeder

Love the simplicity of this,plus,i dont have to scrape crap out of everything after a ride. :D

Attachments

• pace1.JPG
    pace1.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 2,468
Here's mine - really needs some nicer wheels though, I'm just using the ones from the Explosif at the minute until I decide what to get.

I'll probably go for Sun Ringle EQ27's but I'm undecided on hubs :?

Attachments

• Hummingbird-03.jpg
    Hummingbird-03.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 2,455
Andy R":1yawo2hu said:
Here's mine - really needs some nicer wheels though, I'm just using the ones from the Explosif at the minute until I decide what to get.

Lovely Hummingbird! 29-er in front?

Go on then here's mine, Parkpre Pro825 with a cracked toptube/headtube weld but still a rider, i try not to think about it!

SNC13032.JPG

Sorry about light on this one.

P1111347.JPG

stumpjumper1990":276v0bfv said:
Andy R":276v0bfv said:

Lovely Hummingbird! 29-er in front?

Thank you :)

Yes, I doubt that I'll ever run it with suspension and a 26" front wheel.
It's because I'm so sold on the idea of a 29" front wheel (having used one for a while on my Explosif singlespeed) that I decided to get the Hummingbird, with the forks designed with geometry to best suit this set-up.
I've found lots of advantages and (so far) no disadvantages - in fact riding a bike with a 26" wheel seems odd now, like these Supermoto bikes that are basically enduro bikes but with a smaller front wheel...the smaller front wheel seems miles away.

I'm in the process of SS my 98 Cove Hummer - I'll post some pics when it's done. Lovin the Kona SS in this thread and if the Cove is a success then the Expolsif is going the same way :D

Back