18lb, 4oz ...of Tom's finest steel.. . :) updates page 5

Sithlord":1uj4anaf said:
Well there has been a few changes on this recently and I will be posting new pics over the next few days.. weight is now at 18.8 lbs with some nice forks ;)

Watch this space.. :)
You sure it's not the batteries in your scales going flat? :LOL:
That is seriously light!
I bet it accelerates like a startled cat with a Chilli up it's jaxi. :shock:

Sithlord":2s6081x0 said:
Well there has been a few changes on this recently and I will be posting new pics over the next few days.. weight is now at 18.8 lbs with some nice forks ;)

Watch this space.. :)
You sure it's not the batteries in your scales going flat? :LOL:
That is seriously light!
I bet it accelerates like a startled cat with a Chilli up it's jaxi. :shock:

Thought I had kept you waiting long enough :)

As a lot of you know I have been playing around with various builds on this superb frame for a while now but I think I am nearly there..

The main goal of this bike for me was to get the total weigh sub 18lb with the logic fork , and with suspension forks a shade under 20lb , which I am very close too.. Ever item on the bike has been weighed and changed if needed for decreased weight , even down to the springs in the brakes..

To date, this has to be one of the best handling and sharpest bikes I have ever owned..

There will be very few changes on this now , , well apart from the brakes/levers/shifters and the BB :LOL: :LOL: , really pleased, as I can concentrate on other builds that are getting neglected :(

The paint is the next major thing , which will be addressed when I can get all the replacement decals, with a view to preserving this beautiful piece of craftsmanship..

Thanks Tom :) ,, the wait was worth it,,..

And again thanks to Bas and Dr S for making this dream become a reality.. :)

Purist's will want to look away now though.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ..Do I care...............NOPE......

More in a bit.. just thought I would tease you a little... :LOL: :LOL:

Now what have I told you about playing on the railway?? Don't come crying to me when you get crushed to death!

Now what have I told you about playing on the railway?? Don't come crying to me when you get crushed to death!

:LOL: :LOL: funny fella.. I did consult with BR prior to the shots being taken to check on the times of passing 125s ,

I had a short window to take some but just got them done in time.. :LOL: :LOL:

MJN wrote :

You NEED a Tune Speedneedle saddle

I do have a AX lightness seat and seatpost combo, but the seatpost is the wrong size, and TBH they are destined for the next project.. ;)

I like the seat though, and think the White works well.. :)

Sithlord":2r3t1m7b said:
MJN wrote :

You NEED a Tune Speedneedle saddle

I do have a AX lightness seat and seatpost combo, but the seatpost is the wrong size, and TBH they are destined for the next project.. ;)

I like the seat though, and think the White works well.. :)

The AX Lightness is uber cool :cool: Trying for a sub 17lb build on a new Scott Scale RC so I'm going for the Speedneedle(its got an integrated seatmast like my Spark)
The Ritchey looks fabulous by the way,hopefully will see it in the metal again later in the year :D

Back