Pace RC500 Retro DH First build pics (picture intensive!!)

Welcome to the site, I am now wondering if yours is one that I have come accross before. It has been rumoured that there were only 20 of these frames produced, but I am now finding it difficult to believe that as I know of atleast 3 others (4 if yours is one I have not yet seen).

May have been 20 of the F1 versions I suppose. Either way, they are not common!

Get some photos posted and add the serial number to the "official retrobike pace serial number thread".

The build is still on going on this, I have made a recent push to get it finished and am now just short of:
1-grips (ordered)
2-saddle, target locked & loaded
3-chain
4-Some wheel re-dishing (of the rear wheel shown in this thread)

And I also have a rather special set of wheels waiting to be built for it.

Oh I got the brakes sorted just last weekend. seems the calliper halves I had despite being no.3's were not the same as an M4 no.3

Oh that is very nice! I knew a guy with one almost exactly the same build. The Pace forks came with an optional grey hope big 'un so that could be something else to search out :)

great bike and great story

just a thought but cant you get a hayes v7 rotor, i swear i seen them round,
v6 being 160mm v7 i wouldve guessed at being 170mm and the v8s being 180mm
but they are modern 6 bolt mind, maybe you get hold of one and a six bolt wheel just to try.... then you'll know! ;)

Stunning build, hugely impressed how it turned out.

Having just picked up an RC500 F2 in black, I had a few questions in need of answering but stumbling across the threads related to this build they've pretty much all been answered , I'll subscribe anyway :)

This thread finishedover 6 years ago. It would be better if you form your own ,and ask the questions there :) ;)

Back