stripped mech hanger!

The Ken":nxbe70r4 said:
Kaiser did you take my cannondale frame? Or was it Gazz? I'll need to dig out the deri hanger for it I don't think it was attached.

It was me and I still owe you the dough. No hanger though :)

Get a bottom bracket mounted tensioner for it and go one geared . File off the unnecessary cable guides and hanger and give it a polish or go for a nice satin finish ( think exile cycles ) . I bet it would end up nice and light without having to spend real money .

On the plus side they look so much better (had one on my hardrock for a wee while, I think there are pics with it on in my sig) - but can be tricky to get into the right position, since as you tighten up the BB it tends to drag the tensioner around with it. Also, I could never seem to get the BB tight enough to stop the tensioner gradually moving down while cycling - that just might be me being a bit ghey in the arms though.

I'd say aim for the magic ratio first - mess about with half-links and different sizes of cogs/chainrings till you get decent tension.

half link chain and a faff around with chainrings
and you might not need a tensioner
see the link i posted up earlier

theres an online calculator somewhere, where you measure your chainstays and it'll tell you the sweet spot.

kaiser":863qw2x4 said:
theres an online calculator somewhere, where you measure your chainstays and it'll tell you the sweet spot.

:shock: There's something going on here i don't know about :shock:

Back