1993 Orange Clockwork. *Small Update 8/2/2011*

Looks really impressive so far and I'm looking forward to seeing it built up fully fella :D

Front forks?

Loving your bike...

Just realised the other day that the Matt black frame I've got in the cellar (re-sprayed to stop my 4th bike getting nicked!) is a c1995 clockwork, originally orange/white fade (as the chips will testify!).

Suddenly got an urge to re-vitalise the old beast and came here vie BikeRadar... what a place!!

Anyway I now want to chuck a suspension set on the front of my wheels, what have you used on yours and where did you get it..?

Any other help to bring my bike back to life much appreciated - I've no idea about the spec of anything (very newbie) but keen to listen / learn.

Cheers
JP

Thanks for the comments poolio. Here's a link for my orange/white Clockwork http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 1&start=15
Might give you some inspiration. ;)

As for forks, get some Pace RC35's.... It's the law!

Should have a build update soon for my grey Clockwork but it's taken a back seat while I get the orange/white ready for Gisburn next week. :D

Oh, if your bike was originally orange/white poolio that would date it as 1994 or earlier I think. 1995 onwards was the c16 and I don't think you could get that in classic colours. Let us know the serial number and we can date it for you. :cool:

This has been on the back burner again while I played with my Vit T but forks have gone off to Tim today so stand by for updates soon. Getting excited now! :D

Never did find the frame number, and spent spare pennies on building decking and cupboards, backwheel's off to NWMB (Cheadle) to be straightened out - rather buckled and not too sure how to straighten it - any tips?

Really fancy a white satin finish, new decals, gona stick with the rigid set-up, one day might get myself some RC35s - but for now's gonna be predominantly a road bike.

Get some "fatboy / wideboy" (?) slicks on it, hammer them up to 70 PSI and go bus racing again... yay!

JP

Teaser update. Should have it finished in time for the big dirty weekender in a few weeks. :cool:

Attachments

• Clockwork 002.jpg
    Clockwork 002.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,786
Back