1997 Azonic DS-1 Custom Build

Azonic DS1

Old School Hero
I'm currently trying to rebuild the custom bike i 1st built in 1997, all i've had to go from is a few old photos and my memory, have been collecting parts for 2 weeks and am getting somewhere now.

The bike (1997):

click thumbnails to enlarge

Azonic DS-1 Frame
IMG_0314.jpg

RST Mozo Pro 3.5" (May swap these for Rock Shox Judy SL's (if i can find some)
IMG_0313.jpg

Sun Mammoth Rims (Had silver in 97 but black will do)
IMG_0316.jpg

Deore Hubs
IMG_0315.jpg

Azonic Shorty
IMG_0310.jpg

FSA Headset
IMG_0309.jpg

DCD
IMG_0308.jpg

WTB SST
IMG_0306.jpg

Stickers
IMG_0311.jpg

Still have a few more parts in the post and on my list but i should have finished photos pretty soon. More pictures to come...

Looks like its going to be pretty good. All except the evil little DCD... The one I had came loose and twisted into the spokes, writing off my wheel. A useful tip though: if you wrap electrical tape around the roller it will prevent the chain from wearing grooves into it

Lacuna":gmijz5uk said:
Looks like its going to be pretty good. All except the evil little DCD... The one I had came loose and twisted into the spokes, writing off my wheel. A useful tip though: if you wrap electrical tape around the roller it will prevent the chain from wearing grooves into it

i had exactly the same problem, but mine was cuz i didnt tighten it up enough when i had last fiddled with it.

Lacuna":o9z9tg83 said:

How about a bit of 700c innertube cut to the width of the roller and stretched over ;) Prevents grooves and makes things a little quieter.

I guess its whatever you have lying about. I can imagine the innertube would be quieter but the electrical tape didn't seem to wear at all

Cool frame ;) Thats going to be an ace build once you get all the parts you need to finish.. Keen to see it complete.

you should try and maybe reproduce the moves in the original pics once it's done!

Back