And today I did......

Stripped last bits 'n' bobs of the Stumpy - now ready for powdercoat. Also, did the same with my modern GT Avalanche frame.

Not quite as interesting as the Rt Hon Dr's evening I'm afraid :)

I feel even more inept, ducked about for about an hour trying to set up these feckin 80's xt cantis, lord give me strenght! Think I need new straddle cables and poss lower profile brake blocks and prob kaiser to come and set them up for me :twisted:

old bikes are a pain in the arse.

If you looked anything like your avatar he probably would :roll:

Actually, he probably would anyway :shock:

Today I took the plunge and bought a 29er frameset. I hope they work.
This means the poor old Cotic will be surplus to requirements again. If anyone wants it give me a shout.

Which frame did you buy Si? And if you still have to buy a set of wheels, go as light as you can afford. TBH, I'd hang onto the Cotic until you're convinced 29'ing is the way to go. I'm still undecided, but I'm already wishing for a lighter wheelset.

Is it every day of the month or year your looking for a bike for :p What 29er did you get? By all accounts I don't think this'll be a trumpton chariot.

I'm hoping a 29er will be the perfect Thrunton bike. I went for a Singular in the end having seen a few in the flesh. Sizings are identical to my Cotic and its made out of the same stuff so it should work alright with tha added bonus that it will roll over those pesky roots and rocks a little better.

Daft as it seems I don't have enough bikes. I have a garage full but tbh they are mainly garage queens. The only bikes getting used are the Goat, Cotic and the Moots. Moots does the same job as the Cotic does so Cotic needs to go. Goat will get used for RB meets only as the brakes and tyres are pants in the real world so I had a need for another user.

Si

kaiser":31dja3dr said:
Did you ever 69 the cotic?

Pervert Alert!

:shock:

I briefly tried it in Dalby. I swapped front wheels with Ian but the fork rake wasn't right and my winter boots kept catching the tyre. I was impressed with its rolling abilities though- made short work of roots and dips that would normally pitch you over the bars.

Back