daily retro

How curious that the human ego covets even the simplest machine to the extent of overt snobbery.

I guess we all do it, just to differant extents.

I like this forum :D

And the Kona hating runaway train rolls on.......

Deary me.... still one less bidder for cult classics :p

kona in the early to mid nineties was still a tiny company. their production was miniscule in the scheme of things and they were still innovative, these days they are doing the mass-production thing very nicely, but an old kona is still something worth getting excited about IMO

ringlatron":3gdd3xhm said:
kona in the early to mid nineties was still a tiny company. their production was miniscule in the scheme of things and they were still innovative, these days they are doing the mass-production thing very nicely, but an old kona is still something worth getting excited about IMO

Don't rise to it mate. Dozens of threads have gone down this route :)

Agree with above Ringlatron

I've gotta say post 1999 Kona definately have taken a turn for the worse & gone mass production. Price you pay for affordable good looking bikes leading to success I guess.

oops , thought the reply was from ringlatron was Manitou 916 - cringe!

edited now - avatars too similar - lol

Drapoon":14qwb5cq said:
Agree with above Ringlatron

I've gotta say post 1999 Kona definately have taken a turn for the worse & gone mass production. Price you pay for affordable good looking bikes leading to success I guess.

couldnt agree more, the modern konas are so lacking in soul its pretty miserable. i got a 2007 kula last week, its about as far removed from the kona of old as you can get. it has zero charisma, the branding is dire and the components just look and feel so cheap its shocking...

Back