'92 Alpinestars CroMega LX

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So I picked up yet another :roll: Alpinestars today :)

Should've picked it up weeks ago, so many thanks to the seller for being unbelieveably patient with all me recent 'issues' :oops:

Plenty of pictures here, it would be nice to have your thoughts/questions. . . . . . .

92CroMega_LX006.jpg

92CroMega_LX007.jpg

92CroMega_LX014.jpg

92CroMega_LX015.jpg

92CroMega_LX001.jpg

92CroMega_LX003.jpg

92CroMega_LX009.jpg

92CroMega_LX008.jpg

92CroMega_LX010.jpg

Steve

With that spec, I'd take the reflector off, fit SPD's and use it as a winter rider.

When summer comes round, then update it with higher end stuff.

Thats a really nice example you have there Steve. I had one bitd and it started my passion for mountain biking and alpinestars bikes. I upgraded mine to 93 Deore LX and it really suited the bike well.

Those decals look factory fresh, I have the ODS and EOS ones NOS, but have never managed to get the head tube, top tube, down tube and seat tube ones.

Pickle":34wqg3jy said:
With that spec, I'd take the reflector off, fit SPD's and use it as a winter rider.

When summer comes round, then update it with higher end stuff.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the reflector, but thought I'd just keep-it-real for the time being.

TBH the missus will probably use it in the future sometime, so she doesn't end up being a retrobike widow. :LOL:
Steve

sinnett177":2bmke7y3 said:
Thats a really nice example you have there Steve. I had one bitd and it started my passion for mountain biking and alpinestars bikes. I upgraded mine to 93 Deore LX and it really suited the bike well.

Those decals look factory fresh, I have the ODS and EOS ones NOS, but have never managed to get the head tube, top tube, down tube and seat tube ones.

Cheers Mark,

If I'm totally honest it was an absolute impulse buy (commitment) I made ages ago, and unfortunately life got in the way recently, for me to be able to pick it up til today. It's a pretty small frame (16" IIRC) for me at over 6' tall, hence the reaqsoning behind the better half having it (and looking after it).

I adore the factory fresh look of the decals, and infact the factory fresh feel of the whole bike. If ever you want hi-res pics of the decals (up-close-and-personal) for scanning purposes, give me a shout and I'll get somedone for you :)

Steve

cro mega lx

nice example! pair of all-black tyres,that's all id change! well worth preserving,headtube ends picking up some surface corosion.id strip headset and knock the cups out-give it a good clean and lube.

i like the way the bottle cage just nestles in there. :)

good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

Oh my God! :eek:

That's what my frame USED to look like until it was stripped and had a crappy paintjob done to it.

Mine is stripped of parts and about to go off for a powdercoating once I get the f***ing BB out of it :evil:

Would love to finish off the frame with period decals as it was originally an LX but it is kitted out with DX parts now. Thought of getting it done in red so it looked like a CroMegaDX but prefer the white. Would you be able to help me out with some quality photos so I could maybe get the LX markings back on her? I would be soooooo grateful.

IMO keep her as is; I wish I'd never had mine resprayed but at the time it was needed. I still have the original front reflector somewhere :shock:

Bring on the Estay revolution!

Rhys

Alp*Willi":2phyvv1s said:
Oh my God! :eek:

That's what my frame USED to look like until it was stripped and had a crappy paintjob done to it.

Mine is stripped of parts and about to go off for a powdercoating once I get the f***ing BB out of it :evil:

Would love to finish off the frame with period decals as it was originally an LX but it is kitted out with DX parts now. Thought of getting it done in red so it looked like a CroMegaDX but prefer the white. Would you be able to help me out with some quality photos so I could maybe get the LX markings back on her? I would be soooooo grateful.

IMO keep her as is; I wish I'd never had mine resprayed but at the time it was needed. I still have the original front reflector somewhere :shock:

Bring on the Estay revolution!

Rhys

Hi Rhys,

Drop me a pm of your exact photographic requirements and I'll dig the DSLR our for some nice pics for you. Alternatively speak to Mark (sinnett177) or Gil_m to see if they already have some decals on file. . . . .

Steve

Back