South & West Midlands Chat and rides

Great stuff another to the clan!! :cool:

Did you manage to get in the HONC ?

I am trying out a 40k local route just planned on the garmin in the morning with a buddy, Hopefully it will be a success and can host it for a HONC warm up if any interest?

daj":ko7gcj33 said:
Great stuff another to the clan!! :cool:

Did you manage to get in the HONC ?

I am trying out a 40k local route just planned on the garmin in the morning with a buddy, Hopefully it will be a success and can host it for a HONC warm up if any interest?

Honc warm up sounds good.

I might know where there is going to be a spare entry to the honc ;)

Chris.

Not quite sure the route would be ideal at the moment , Bit dis-jointed including Abseiling down a disused railway embankment and some areas Quite alot of proper boggy ground but will have another look at the route online

the highlight hitting a complete sheet of ice doing 32.2 mph (according to garmin!!) and proper crapping my pants :shock: , Its 40k with 1606 ft of climbing.

Evening Everyone ,

The talk of preparing teams for mountain mayhem has begun

Is there any interest in putting forward a 4 man team to battle against the other area teams?? Chris, The Guv , Jez ?? :cool:

For anyone looking for a more casual approach there is the 10 man/women team.

I am heading a VERY ambitious team of five , The official press launch will be in due course.

Cheers

daj

Hi Southbound - where exactly are you moving to? I'm in Ross on Wye - anywhere near?

Cas, we are moving to Dymock (said in country voice!), so just down the road. Family in Ledbury and love the area - great access to South Wales.

Hi everyone,

i too am already part of a team of 4 who plan to enter MM.

Also have my entry in for HONC.

Any news on a new date for the FOD - be good to meet you all.

I ride regularly on the Malverns - usually tues mornings 9.30, thursday night ride from 9pm and a ride or 2 at the weekend - if anyone ever wants to join.

Laurence.

Blimey we have doubled our numbers overnight !! :LOL:

Reference F.O.D rides we will prob wait until the better weather, Normally they are well supported but the Jan date didnt go down well at all :?

Nothing to say though we cant have a little get together if wanted?

Never ridden the Malverns too , So be well up for that :cool:

South Bound":bif9a15l said:
Hi Southbound - where exactly are you moving to? I'm in Ross on Wye - anywhere near?

Cas, we are moving to Dymock (said in country voice!), so just down the road. Family in Ledbury and love the area - great access to South Wales.

Hi - quite near then . I often come through that way on my road bike from Ross - when do you move?

Cas

Back