And today I did......

Commuted to work on my road bike single speed stylee. Didn't mean too but all the roadsalt has gummed up the cables, couldnt shift out of 3rd gear :oops:

Stripping down the shifters in the hoose as we speak, the fragility of bikes over cars can be a pain :roll: :LOL:

Today the rims I ordered at work arrived . Shame they are 32 hole when I specifically ordered 36 :x

I was ready to pay for them when I had a look at the invoice on the box , spied " 32 " and said rather loud " er , no you fookin don't " open the box and yep 32 :evil:

So out of the 2 things I've ordered both have been wrong .

Set up gear cables on my (part time) commuter-to-be. Another gate of a 1992 Cinder Cone, but this time with P2s and Girvin flexstem :roll: Need a set of grab-ons for the silly bars. Just waiting on the peace canti hangers ( :oops: they were cheap) to arrive from Finland and we're off :D

Also spent some time in the cellar and relised just how much old bike gubbins i've accumulated :oops:

Horror of horrors - even found a Blackspire 34t single ring crankset :shock: I am doomed :cry:

Mr Panda":1fdktzvf said:
Horror of horrors - even found a Blackspire 34t single ring crankset :shock: I am doomed :cry:
Sliding down the slippery SS slope with some style I see!

I'll clarify that - Blackspire ring on bog std Shimano cranks. If I had Blackspire cranks they wouldn't be going anywhere near any bike with less than 7 gears, minimum :LOL: Now there's a thought :eek:

and today (and yesterday ) i did enjoy (?) a dose of the squits

niiiice
:shock:

Today I'm sure I should have done something productive :LOL: but instead I've sat looking at houses in the 75k - 100k region .

Think yourself lucky Perry, up here near Edinburgh your talking pokey wee flats in that price bracket, not houses :roll:

perry":32tdhlt9 said:
Ah but you have the benefit of it being Edinburgh not Grantham :LOL: :(

Is there a benefit to living in Edinburgh apart from it not being Glasgow :LOL: :LOL:

Only joking guys ;)

Today i made a start on the suss fork for my new Yo. It was a 98 Rockshox SID SL. Stripped it down and carefully cut the crown off the stantions only to discover one of the stantions is fooked anyhoo (waste of 20 mins). Pressed a Ti steerer from a Mag 21 SL into a bolt-on Judy DH crown. Then I modded the fork legs; these legs did have disc and V brake mounts. I'm going disc and I hate to see unused brake studs. So using the angle grinder I removed all trace of the mounts and smoothed the area into the brace (removing a few badly designed stress risers in the process!). Once the shape was roughly right I used a die grinder with an emery wheel to blend it in before finishing with sand paper. So there you have it- now i have a 1" titanium steerer'd, disc only 98 SID SL to plonk on my restomod Yo! when I find a stantion that is :roll:

Si

Latest posts

Back