Fisher Prometheus in storage

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just had dinner with an old American friend of ours and I remembered she had a ti Fisher back in the day. So I asked where it was and whether it was a Prometheus and she said it was in storage in immac condition back in Boston. She seemed to remember them being built by Merlin in Boston too. But not absolutely sure.

She lived just down the road from Indy Fab too. Such a great biking community in Boston, I liked it there.

Am working on her for pics. Said she'd even sell it maybe. But it's small. And in the wrong country (for some of us :) )

Just thought I'd share this nugget of ti ness with you all before I go to bed.. Would be good obviously to get pics. Will try.

Night night.

:)

I saw one once in the bike shop in convent garden & it did indeed look very nice. do a search on mtbr.com retro forum, fairly certain there was 1 of there fairly recently.

a friend of mine ran that shop for a while and I'm pretty sure he had one at sme point too. Maybe the same one.

That shop has been closed-moved for some time.
Do you guys remember the shop in the underground car park just up from embankment station? That was really cool
Or there was the roadie shop in Soho that never carried any MTB stuff. Long sice closed however the two metal pennyfarthings are still attatched out front.

I remember South Bank Cycles along from Embankment. Was that the one you mean?

It used to be a great trek into London to go to all the 'proper' bike shps back in 1987/ 88.

*South Bank
*Brixton/ Mosquito
*FW Evans (Kingston)
*Cycle Logical
*That one in Battersea I can't remember (Bonthrone?)
*On Your Bike (at London Bridge - or Covent Garden) - bought some socks in the LB one just this morning.
*Re-Cycle/ The Fridge (Penge)
*Cycle Surgery in spitalfields

Going to a new bike shop was always so exciting. Not like these days when it's usually a supermarket like row upon row of red/black and white Specialized packaging. Snore...zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh well, we aren't what the market's aiming at any more i suppose.

:) [/i]

Wu-Tangled":hq4dr1sy said:
*That one in Battersea I can't remember (Bonthrone?)

Psycho Bikes ;)

Had a King headset pressed into my IF there [I lived on Battersea Bridge Road round the corner] in 2000.. They had a pair of White Porcs in their tyre rack and I remember thinking to myself I bet they'd be cool to have.. Then I walked out.. :roll:

As you were heading up from the Embankment station to Charing Cross you take a right and come across the entrance to an underground car park. This bike shop was down in there. Very odd.
Hows the pubic hair comming along?

Wu-Tangled":jhtz85vx said:
I remember South Bank Cycles along from Embankment. Was that the one you mean?

[/i]

they had a mountain goat deluxe california yuppie paint scheme bike nicked from that shop on a busy saturday once...

I saw the fisher in covent garden shop.

to my knowledge the Covent Garden shop was always On Your Bike and part of the YHA for a while. Was a good shop for a while. I remember doing the usual lusting after Kleins on the walls etc etc.

Pubes have taken a back seat to the weekly anodising search on ebay I'm afraid.

:)

Back