Aeronaut's DMR Trailstar

Re: Paint job

mayco":8rv0qz58 said:
Yeah thats nice, great finish. Love the colour.
I'll be on the phone to Dave Crowe before the weeks out for my Lava Dome.
10 mins from me. Magic!

Dave's the man!, you won't be disappointed :cool:

That really is a stunning finish and I love those custom decals. More pictures saved into the ideas folder.
Looking forward to seeing the finished item.
Good work. :cool:

drystonepaul":1g3mbfs2 said:
That really is a stunning finish and I love those custom decals. More pictures saved into the ideas folder.
Looking forward to seeing the finished item.
Good work. :cool:

Cheers Paul :)
It's certainly something else when it gets some sunlight on it, the paint constantly changes and is hard to capture in pictures.
Just can't wait to complete it now and start riding it

Got the hubs through the post yesterday so wheels 'll be the next job once the car stops sucking up all my bike funds! with car insurance, mot and repair bills all in the same month :(
..but I'm slowly getting closer to the light!

hopehub2.jpg
[/img]

Couldn't resist dropping off the offending rims and hubs at the lbs today to be built, Online Bikes (formerly Wades Cycles) in Buckhurst hill. Should have them ready for me to pick up the following weekend.
It was reassuring to know that he'd sold and build up the same rims when they were available some 10 years or ago or so he reckons, so should get a proper job done on them. The price wasn't too hard to swallow either :)

coming along nicely :) i just reminded myself of this build, i just bought some rigid forks for my SS dirt/steet/park bike... should be interesting! Can't wait to see this finished though, it looked gorgeous in those mockup pictures!

sam264":1jwkwl8n said:
coming along nicely :) i just reminded myself of this build, i just bought some rigid forks for my SS dirt/steet/park bike... should be interesting! Can't wait to see this finished though, it looked gorgeous in those mockup pictures!

Cheers mate!
I even remind myself whats been done looking back through the thread, also to help justify the time and money it's soaking up lol. By the time it's complete it'll have cost more than the Orange i bought last year :? (the gf better not see that bit)

Hope your new forks work out well albeit a tad less forgiving, keeping the ride true, just how it should be ;)

haha yeah my bikes have cost me an absolute fortune recently... this will be on my street ride though, fark riding that offroad for a game of soldiers! I have my big bouncy 125 rear/140mm front travel rig for my off road pursuits ;)

Got a text this morning i've been waiting for... my wheels were ready and waiting!

chuffed to bits with them

DSC00589.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

i'm getting there :)

Looking good . How long until we get an overall shot ?

I'm going to see if I can go all year without cleaning mine .

Cheers!
Might try and grab a some shots over the weekend if it's dry and bright out. got home too late to take decent ones :(

wish i had the rest of the parts needed to atleast finish off the drivetrain... it's now teasing me even more!

Back