1998 GT STS-DS 1000

Gadro":kc4ph761 said:
The guide is on the stanchion until I can get my head round of where I can fit it to the crown :?:

I don't know if they're available or not but on my Drop-offs there's a cable guide fitted to the fork by the adjuster(edit:top of leg!!!).
I've had a look at stock pix but can't pick it out. I'll get the camera out tomorrow to show you (unless you know what I mean?)
Not sure if you can retro-fit them but it may be something to look at.
If you really intend fitting to the crown, the rubber band should be ok. The angle may be off though???

Would appreciate a pic of that guide. Trying to get it as neat as possible with the cabling, I just hate it when they flap around. With dual crowns it's no problem.

Taking the DS up the Taff Trail to the Neuadd tomorrow, bit of a shake down, will try and get some pics done when I'm up there :cool:

If you'd bought some standard alu frames, you'd be able to buy a chain for each bike! :LOL:
Lovely bicycles though.
I use those cable guides on my forks - just tend to use the one guide right up near the top of the fork leg, just under the bridge.

:LOL:

Trust me, chains cause more damage to bikes when in storage than anything else. Once set up it takes only a couple of minutes to stick one on.

That's what I've done to the guide, don't think I'll be doing any 10 foot drops to bottom those Bombers out :)

The Lobo is beautiful, I always wanted one. So much better looking than the aluminium version. I wouldn't be able to resist riding it mind :)

Update on the DS, new decals (not 100% correct) applied. RED ones as this colour is the fastest, especially when combined with black and silver. New SDG Bel Air saddle stuck on. Still looking for Turbines BTW :?: Got a few other red bits and bobs to fit.

Took it for a leisurely ride up the Taff Trail in the week only a couple of miles and back. This bike is IMHO still a pretty good performer. Got harassed by some BMX bandits. Everybody under the age of 12 thinks this bike is and I quote - AWESOME !!! :)

Here's a pic

CIMG3181.jpg

CIMG3179.jpg

CIMG3182.jpg

CIMG3180.jpg

Lacuna, yeah the Lobo is also an AWESOME !!! :) looking bike. Here's another pic for you

CIMG3178.jpg

At last :oops:

Attachments

• DSC04985.JPG
    DSC04985.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 821
  • DSC04984.JPG
    DSC04984.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 821
  • Drop-Off II.JPG
    Drop-Off II.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 821