Merlin Fat Ti Extralight/ Spectrum Super

just my preference based on my experience...I've found bikes to be lighter/more lively without the headshock...not to mention more durable. Perhaps it was my bad luck, which I can have in spades sometimes.

don't get me started on lefties.

Hehe. Well fourtunately I bought FOR the Headshok. I contacted Cannondale prior to buying the bike to see if they service the older headshoks and they said no. But, they offer an uprade program to the newest one at a reduced cost from new. I'm curious as to those who say I shouldn't bother with a lefty. Or maybe I shouldn't get you started. ;)

Great find and thanks for sharing.

I personally would get it back to polished Ti as this is one of my all time fave bikes. But i think it does have character and is even rarer with that paint.

Very cool. Keep us posted on the details.

:cool:

AtomicAtom":1optj9gu said:
Hehe. Well fourtunately I bought FOR the Headshok. I contacted Cannondale prior to buying the bike to see if they service the older headshoks and they said no. But, they offer an uprade program to the newest one at a reduced cost from new. I'm curious as to those who say I shouldn't bother with a lefty. Or maybe I shouldn't get you started. ;)

now now, why would you want to do that :? :LOL:

my spinergy wheelset would look great on that bike, along with a lefty :p ;)

out of the ordinary and because of it
would certainly deserve a 5 arm crankset ;)
this XT one does not look the part :?

not too keen on this shade of blue but colours are more personal taste :?:

hmm

there's one little problem with going lefty and that is that u will have to run a disc up front, to keep it tidy that would mean u have to run a BB7 brake not to ruin the esthetics of the thing with different levers.

but they are some really light carbon leftys now I think? to bad they don't make a flash in TI...

I got a response back from Tom Kellogg.

"That frame was a stock Merlin XLM Fat made in October of '99.  We ordered it for Dave and painted it up as a Spectrum in a flat three tone finish in November of that year. Enjoy the bike, it sure is a piece of work, and a one-of-a-kind."

I suspected it was a '99 bike because the headshok is from then. I should probably have the seals and oil replaced. I also got a new wheelset from Rob. It's pretty swank. I'll post photos again later when I'm home. Anyone have any idea how many of these frames they made? I'll have to email Merlin again I think.

AtomicAtom":1iyiq8k3 said:
I got a response back from Tom Kellogg.

"That frame was a stock Merlin XLM Fat made in October of '99.  We ordered it for Dave and painted it up as a Spectrum in a flat three tone finish in November of that year. Enjoy the bike, it sure is a piece of work, and a one-of-a-kind."

I suspected it was a '99 bike because the headshok is from then. I should probably have the seals and oil replaced. I also got a new wheelset from Rob. It's pretty swank. I'll post photos again later when I'm home. Anyone have any idea how many of these frames they made? I'll have to email Merlin again I think.

That's a very cool response from Tom Kellogg :cool:

Back