The one wot I wun

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1182

Back up again after I 'won' it in October and the seller refused to go through with it as he didn't get what he wanted. 'Interesting' build but I was most taken by the 'through a Vaseline filter' photographs.

I thought I'd play a little game and, based on the build spec and frame and fork costing £1,500 as claimed (did it?), try to work out what it cost. I couldn't get it as high as the BIN although I didn't do it any more scientifically than going on what I thought the bits could be had for.

Reckon it is 'worth' £800, perhaps £900 if you got someone really keen. Compare it to the similar spec and size Colnago that was bought off eBay recently, I know which one is more valuable.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Its interesting, thats for sure...

Are you referring to my colnago or have I missed another big one????!!!!!!

Ah cool - which is most valuable?? Im not struck on the paint on this one!

I need to get a pic of mine up, just tweaked it a little :cool: :cool:

Frame is nice, but nothing else is not so special.
Delta brakes are cool ;)

Seller does´t even know what parts he has on the bike...hubs are not Super Record.

remember first seeing this "is it art or bike" Mercian a while back, and a few times since.
must admit when i first saw it i thought it was ok, seeing past the handlebar set-up, with a few nice components, but the more i see it, and the price i see it for, it becomes more and more of a joke.
That said, i'd consider it for £750

Yep, reckon £750 is probably what it is realistically worth although the seller reckons he paid twice that on the frame alone.

Can't see many people who want to spend £2.5k+ on a steel bike with outdated parts, no history and a very individual paint job - surely with that sort of cash they would get something to their specification not someone elses?

That said, I'd take it at £750. Oh, I already did :twisted:

Oh, apparently when he first put it on eBay as "is it a bike or is it art?" he had a BIN of £4,500. Yes, you did read that correctly :shock:

Reckon wait another 6 months and another £2k will come off leaving it affordable.

Back