daily retro

ringlatron

Dirt Disciple
here's my dilemma. just picked up the most incredible kona explosif pro on the 'bay. the condition is just ridiculously good. by rights should be hung on a wall its that pretty, but i cant help thinking how much fun my daily commute would be on it. chances are it would get a battering but i'd be getting to play on it 10 miles daily...

tough one...

Use it, bikes were built to be ridden. It makes me a little sad seeing great swathes of once proud machines reduced to sitting in darkened rooms for the sake of their owners pride.

Use it !!

I always think that my bikes come alive when i leave the shed (like the toys in Toy Story), and the ones that aren't ridden or treated as too precious will be ridiculed by the daily rides..

besides, if you hang it on your wall who is really going to appreciate it apart from us geeks, it's not like you can tell most of your friends about the mint Kona you have and it will mean anything....

thats what i thought, will post some pics up soon. maybe one concession would be to pick up a second set of commuter wheels - anyone have any idea if a sram 7 speed block would index ok with XC pro?

no offense to kona owners, but its a kona, they made millions of them, ride it! (if it were an original doug bradbury, C26, ziplock klein storm paint, etc then it would deffo be a wall hanger)

ringlatron":2datcvrd said:
in that case anyone want a brand new kona kula with 20 miles on it ;-)

Hahaha love it, the wrangling of whether to ride a Retrobike.. You got some nice slicks for it Ringlatron? Good idea with the commuter set of wheels..

Let's see some photos!!

Back