The Ongoing Rebuild/Renovation...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturedd

Dirt Disciple
Getting excited now, frame is ready for shotblasting and powdercoating. Hopefully next week!!

I have removed the pannier/mudguard eyes from the dropouts, removed the top tube cable guide and noodle around the seatpost as i am running v-brakes.

It will be powdercoated in glacier white with new black trek decals and the following equipment:

Specialized Black Bars
Synchros 140mm Polished Stem
ITM Black Seatpost
STX RC Rear Mech
Shimano Front Mech
STX RC V-Brakes and STX RC Levers
STX RC Shifters
Icon Chainset (To Be Powdercoated White as Well)
Flite SLR Saddle (Retrimmed in Red Leather)
Ritchey Grips
Mavic 230 Ti Rims with Deore XT Hubs

Just needs pedals, headset and new cables.

Will post some more piccies when partially built. Oh and there is a nice RetroBike sticker to go on it as well.

Stuart

Attachments

• Before I took it Apart1.jpg
    Before I took it Apart1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 2,200
  • Removed Cable Guide1.jpg
    Removed Cable Guide1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 2,200
  • Removed Mudguard Eyes1.jpg
    Removed Mudguard Eyes1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2,200
  • Removed Noodle1.jpg
    Removed Noodle1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 2,200
If it looks anything like the image in my head it should look quite cool. That will be my retro fix anyway then i need to work on my boss to let me take advantage of the Bike to Work Scheme and spend a grand on something a bit more modern!!

Not sure what though, i like the look of the Charge Duster and have heard good things about them and also the Boardman MTB's seem to get rave reviews as well, decisions, decisions!!

Stuart

Just dropped the frame, forks and crank arms to be shot blasted and powder coated at Washford Finishings in Redditch. It will be ready to pick up on Thursday morning so I will let you all know what it is like and try and post pictures in the evening.

Stuart

Quick update, had a good look at the frame and it looks sweeeeeet. A couple of tiny tiny marks but nothing major and it cost £35 for shot blasting and powder coating. Turned it around in 2 days and did my cranks for free, picking them up in the morning.

All in all not bad and it has transformed it, cant wait to rebuild it.

Photos below.

Attachments

• IMG_3101a.jpg
    IMG_3101a.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,043
  • IMG_3100a.jpg
    IMG_3100a.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,043
  • IMG_3099a.jpg
    IMG_3099a.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 2,043
That's nearly identical to my wifes 800, her has always had V's though and had no cable guide round the seat tube but it does use top tube cable stops though.
Hers has Indy S forks, an M900 rear mech and a child seat :LOL: .

Carl.

There's no child seat on this bad boy!!

Picked up the cranks earlier and they look great in white.

Attachments

• IMAG0212.jpg
    IMAG0212.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2,003
mmm, I do like nice bright white on a bike. Getting the cranks done too! Ideas, ideas...

Found the post now!! Forgot where i posted it!

See pics below of the Trek so far.

Attachments

• IMG_3105a.jpg
    IMG_3105a.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,907
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back