Blackmount/Glen Etive - Sat24/Sun25 APRIL AFTERMAaaa.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow can't wait! looks stunning.

how did you manage to clear the snow for us? and do you really need 3 bikes for this route? ;) :LOL:

The Ken":2091d6m6 said:
wow can't wait! looks stunning.

how did you manage to clear the snow for us? and do you really need 3 bikes for this route? ;) :LOL:

1. Ahm workin' for the cooncil and we're VERY good (also a practising Jedi, which helps :twisted: )

2. 4 actually :D

Thought about this driving back last night after brief discussions during the ride.

Could propose two seperate routes here - one involving overnight bothy stay as shown on map (see Page 1), for which numbers should be limited , plus another route of shorther duration for completion on the Saturday.

The two obvious day routes are:

1) Bridge of Orchy to Kingshouse and back (approx 25 miles XC on landrover track/WHW) - not a bad run in itself with good postcard scenery and the necessary beer station :D Plan would be for whole pack to depart BofO together, quick lunch at Kingshouse, then split into trwo groups for bothy/return to BofO :cool: Shown on map as points 1 - 3.

2) BofO over forestry track (sometimes rough with potentially difficult river crossing, dependent on rain) to glen Orchy, returning to BofO via tarmac singletrack road (quiet)

In this way, a big turnout (like Dunkeld) could still occur but with lesser numbers staying for the bothy night.

Of the two options I'd say no1 is better/slightly easier terrain. Both routes are approx 25miles as return trips.

Sound like a plan? :p

Photos below are on the Option 1 route :LOL:

DSCN2138.jpg

DSCN2155.jpg

DSCN2179.jpg

DSCN2149.jpg

Looks fab but the overnight bothy bits not for me. Dunkeld yesterday was about the limit of my energy as today I'm wasted. A ride in one day followed by a ride out the following day would be more than the old M.E. would allow me :roll:

So I am in favour of your two part trip idea with a day for non bothy types ;)

Looking forward to developments.

Velo

I'm up for either but I like the idea that more can join in on the second day. just depends on the date really.

The Ken":3bv8b1jy said:
I'm up for either but I like the idea that more can join in on the second day. just depends on the date really.

:?

More would "join in" on the Saturday which I would expect to be the first day, or are you suggesting something else?

oh - looked at Hope disc brake - same as yours I think - will put pics up later.

no either day for the join in, I had just wrongly assummed the sunday :oops:

Look forward to the hub piccies.

TK - Think it easiest if we all start Saturday morning, with the bothyers (limited to 6 in number ;) ) overnighting Sat and return to civilisation Sunday :D (day trippers return Saturday :p )

Will come up with some dates this week but thinking March/April/early May to avoid Mugging by Midges :shock: . Will look at calendar.

PS - Hope I have pm'd the Hope pics successfully :D (Did you see what I did there :LOL: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back