Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

onza100":1dlr8ar3 said:
Nice but twice as much as it's worth

The Early Saracen Lovers Anons thread is obviously inflating prices. I wonder if there will be a Saracen price crash after this month's BOTM is forgotten?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
shame its too late for the botm special:

the_little_tank_557.jpg

Look what I just made :)
Well, it's been lurking in the garage for the best part of 20 years, occasionaly resurected and then take to bits again.
Now, I guess it'll need a clean, the period correct rear mech rebuilt and the original XT rear wheel plus DX spuds reclaimed.
I don't think I'll put the STi units, correct canti pads or rubbers on though. And the XT crank melted in a car crash. Alas I binned the Saracen stem and oversize bar. I may well go with some X-Lite risers as the Profile bars are silly narrow :shock:

Attachments

• Saracen Trekker Comp 1990ish DSC_0135i.jpg
    Saracen Trekker Comp 1990ish DSC_0135i.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 2,013
What year is my Tufftrax?

Does anyone know what year my bike is? It's a Tufftrax I bought used in 1990 from H.O. Smiths of Doncaster for £300. Everything major is as I bought it. Still got the original Biopace chainset. Only changed grips for some with gel inserts and added bar ends. It is a lemon yellow. I managed to get 1 bottle cage the correct colour when I bought the bike. A couple of years later had to get just a plain yellow 2nd cage. I was thinking of trying to get suspension forks but as it is more or less all original I've decided to keep it that way.

Attachments

• Bike 1a.jpg
    Bike 1a.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,939
  • Bike 2.jpg
    Bike 2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,939
  • Bike 3.jpg
    Bike 3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,939
Its either a '88 or 89' My brother had one identcial but in 24" wheel version. It was a great bike that he out grew, It had Shimano Exage trail groupset and Specialized crossroad tyres iirc :cool:

Keep it original, Suspension forks will ruin it ;)

Back