Bontrager Race Lite - NEW PHOTOS!

Andy Livo":3ujx3p0w said:
Great bike. I have a Bonty Race. Does your's have the 1" headset?

thanks mate, it has a 1" headset, yes. I think all bontragers did......

I managed to get my hands on the perfect wheels for this yesterday, a set of Chris King/Bontrager hubbed race lite wheels with ceramic rims. I cleaned them up and fitted then this morning and they look amazing! Photos will be up tomorrow.

I'm really keen to get this finished now, I need some canti brakes and a chainset....... Oh and the very elusive canti hanger for my fsx brace

I am trying to source some black onza ho's but I'm still not decided on a chainset...... Perhaps I'll stick with a period xt for now and get it ridden! The hunt continues! :roll:

New Wheels!!!

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

Very nice bike indeed! :cool:
kinda reminds me of my barracuda a2r, but it's probably just the colour scheme. :LOL:

We sold a lot of Trek's with those wheels in,and like a complete cock,i did not keep a set for myself. :(
Bike looks excellent. :D

lush bike, if i come to part with my indy fab then i will be on a hunt for one of these. the forks look great aswell :) - very jealous

A quick update proir to new photos tomorrow!

The bike now has nos black onza HO's and is ready to roll bar a canti hanger for the FSX...... I'm thinking that the only way forward is to fit a brace from standard 95 judys so that I can get this bike finished, the canti hanger part has held me up for a really long time now and I doubt I'll ever find one. Oh and I also need a flite to replace the modern specialized bg which is on there at the mo. It is also wearing a coda cnc chainset at the minute which i bought for my girls bike but may end up staying for a little while until I find something more suitable...... I kind of like it on there but I'm not sure!

Photos tomorrow, I hope you'll like it!

That bike looks the business :cool:
Really nice build, especially the wheels :shock:
Keep up the amazing work!
Jan

Thanks mate,I'm really happy with the way it is shaping up, was going to go fro m950 xtr, but the canti rule put paid to that! I like this xt groupset anyway, it looks good and works well..... What more can I ask?!

I've just got to decide what to do about the braking problem now! It is such a shame, but it looks like I'm going to have to loose the fsx brace, or have a canti hanger made for it, we'll see what I can come up with.

I just had a look at your privateer mate, I really like the colour sheme on that one! Have you seen mine?

Back