Seeing as we've all been good...

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
well nearly all of us...

why don't the moderators (head teachers) organise a Retrobike field trip to First Flight's museum? Could do a tour of the other important stop offs from back in the day too.

All of us lot on planes, trains and buses (Oi quiet at the back - they're Darylea mad them kids).

Buy lots of pencils and postcards at the museum shop and head back for tea?

*this might not be a serious suggestion.

*but then you never know...

A school trip :D Excellent, i'm off to tap up my parents for the money.

Cheap alternatives

Don't forget the Retrobike Show at Mountain Mayhem... bound to be some serious metal to stroke, warm beer to be drunk and free banter abounds...

Neil

sounds like a plan bat man im in for a penny in for a pound first flight here i come woo im goin disney world yeah lol :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :D :LOL: :D :LOL: :D :D :D

You'd have to do to me what the used to do to Mr T. Sedate me well as I'm scared of flying.

Have you felt how thin the metal is on those things!! And all this, flying is the safest form of transport, no it’s not it’s doom for everyone if it goes wrong, at least everything else gives you a fighting chance.

Sorry getting a bit sidetracked there but my god the thought gives me the willies.

Well I’ve been to the Cycle Museum in Lincoln, seams like a natural progression to me.

then i was in her majesties ROYAL NAVY at rnas yeovil i noticed that the enginers fixed the sea king helos with arodite, hopes and dreams lol and i never had one crash with me in it its ok to fligh i promise lol :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The Crossroads Fest is coming up at the end of August which would be a great time to visit. Looks like our guests this year will include Paul Sadoff (Rock Lobster), Capt. Dondo (magazine writer, currently w/ Dirt Rag) and Otis Guy. There will be a whole weekend of riding. More details @ http://www.firstflightbikes.com/crossroa.htm

You can also read about past festivals at http://www.firstflightbikes.com/press.htm

Dale Brown, a friend in Greensboro, NC, is hosting his vintage road festival this weekend and always has a couple of UK visitors (Ray Etherton, Hilary Stone...for those who follow lightweight stuff). Details of Dales festival @ http://classicrendezvous.com/Cirque.htm

For anyone seriously interested, Charlotte Douglas Int'l Airport is about 45 minutes away.

You're not thinking clearly young man.

First has this potential trip been Risk Assessed to the local authorties criteria? Forms filled in? Child protection register for the grown up helpers? Do first flight have national governing body qualifications? Has the governing body been notified, headteacher, Local Education Authority? Minimum six months to get approval... then you need consent letters. If this is an educational visit then the 'school' by law has to foot the bill, parents may be asked for VOLUNTARY contributions towards the cost of the trip.

(And if anyone is on medication forget it!)

(if you think that wees on your fire I'm sorry but that is the process that I have to go through every time I want to take my class of special needs kids out of the building. I kid you not! And that is the simplified version too, County have bought an all singing and dancing visits database on which we have to record trip details online aswell as fill in all the above mentioned bits of paper)

Back