1998 Bontrager Privateer S - * FINISHED PHOTOS Page 2 *

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just got ths back from the powder coaters and thanks to Gil have applied some lovely new decals too :)

Will be a slow build with some retro, some post 2000 bits with a silver theme and will be upating this thread as I go, so all suggestions and comments welcome!

Matt

Attachments

• DSC01154.JPG
    DSC01154.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 3,333
  • DSC01153.JPG
    DSC01153.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 3,334
  • DSC01151.JPG
    DSC01151.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 3,334
Lovely. I do like the colour :cool:

Mmmm, those flapjack and brownie bites look nice too ;)

thanks for the comments guys, I'm hoping it will be even nicer built up!

and surprised nobody has told me off for putting the top sticker on the wrong way round yet ;-) and yes I did do it deliberately, I just prefer them that way round.

off to get BB threads chased on friday as there's a bit too much paint in there to risk installing and cross-threading a BB at the moment...

Have found a silver WTB grease guard headset and a set of 98 XT parallelogram V-brakes in my parts bin so thats a start...

will keep you all posted with pics as I build.

well upon inspection the WTB headset was a deadun so put a black FSA in...seems to work OK with the decals.

just need to find a seatpost now...BB on the way to fit the silver shimano cranks so thats the next step!

let me know what you think guys!

matt

Attachments

• DSC01157.JPG
    DSC01157.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 3,153
  • DSC01155.JPG
    DSC01155.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 3,153
Looking very sweet already :D

The colour is pretty similar to my Kona - I went with black wheels, silver bars, stem and post and black brakes with a little bit of red ano running through the build (bolts, crank spider) just to break up the monochrome effect. I reckon that would look pretty nice on this one also.... ;)

I'm liking the paint and the decals mate, looks like a lovely job! I have to say that that stem doesn't suit it at all though, much too big and chunky for the bontrager's slim classy frame....... Just my opinion!

Back