sling shot - opinions

novekili

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
You've already seen this sling in the forum, but I thought it should have stayed in the bikes section, too.
At the moment this is my only bike, since I've broken my indestructible handmade ti frame - and I'm a 65 kilos xc racer (not even an aggressive one). :x
BTW. The gruppo you see on this bike wasn't working very well (xc pro rear derailleur with 8spd xc expert thumbies and shimano 8spd cogs - if you are interested in the derailleurs drop me a PM) so I mounted a modern kit. It is probably the best bike I've thrown a leg over, now, but it looks wrong with sram X9 and DT wheels. Il post new pics asap so you can give me your opinions.
PS every mont I propose myself to put this rig in the BOTM contest, but get discouraged after I see the first entries...

Attachments

• sling1.jpg
    sling1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,266
PS every month I propose myself to put this rig in the BOTM contest, but get discouraged after I see the first entries...

Mine was entered first this month, so what stopped you? :LOL:
I think a unique bike like a Sling Shot would stand a pretty good chance in BOTM.
I've always wanted to try one out :cool:

When i visit Italy. I'll have to pay you visit. Loved to try a Slingshot. :D

I like Slingshot's :LOL:
I am working on my own SLingshot MT3 (1993). It is a newer one than your bike with a sloping top tube.
Forks are orderd, just waiting to arrive.
When the bike is ready, i will post it in the BOTM.

At your disposal. I had never tried a sling befor and got struck when I tried this out. It outperforms my new school ti hardtail in any rough situation. Downhilling is so easy on this rig - and what you see up front is a 2-inch travel elastomer fork. I'm just a bit concerned for the fiberglass biscuit.

JS: why I didn't enter the bike, you say? Not that I wanna win, but that grey Yeti has closed the competition. I mean, I'd rather ride your vitamin t, a definitely better bike tahn the arc, but how con you compete on the botm against a one-off arc wtih one off grafton-ringle stuff on it?

Back