1998 LeMond Tourmalet

the_dark_horse

Old School Hero
Right, about time I showed my road bike here too!

Back in 1998 it was time to dabble in the dark art of the road. Cheltenham Cycles came up trumps from all the bikes I looked at with the LeMond Tourmalet.

Triple chainring for my mtb used legs was a perfect start, and I really bought into the look of the bike and LeMond heritage that has gone into it.

Now he has done over 7,500 miles on mostly the original kit which is entry level RSX. The frame is butted Reynolds 525, made in the Trek factory in Wisconsin.

LeMond_1.JPG

LeMond_2.JPG

The signature of the man himself!
LeMond_3.JPG

LeMond_4.JPG

LeMond_5.JPG

Proud to be Reynolds!
LeMond_6.JPG

World Champ!
LeMond_7.JPG

As with my steel Pine Mountain I really love this bike. Have done some time trials and won a cycling club hill climb on him too back in the day. Now I use him for triathlon - the fit of the bike is really great (the LeMond design influence).

Hope you all like him too!

I like that allot. Why do so few modern road bikes have no mudguard mounts and pump pegs? Still looks mint condition.

Great looking Lemond, always thought they looked 'right', almost bought one of their ti offerings a few years back.

Used to know the guys in Cheltenham Cycle's reasonably well, assume Johnny Rowland is still at the helm?

Thanks hibernian, he is in fairly good nick, there are the tell tale signs of wear under the cable where they rub on the frame and a couple of small bits.
At the end of the day if its too perfect it means you aint been riding it enough!

John is still the main man at Cheltenham Cycles, really great shop still with the most imaculate workshop I think I have ever seen in a bike shop! Mainly buy my biking clothes there now.

Back