ferrit

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is my first build so constructive criticism is gratefully received

Frame: Treklein Attitude

Fork: Marzocchi Marathon SL 2004 I think

Headset: Hope
Stem: Hope 110mm 10degree rise (fitted upside down, etched with logos upside down also)
Handlebar: Syncros Pro series
Grips: Brooks
Barends: n/a

Brakes: Hope Mono Minis with 160mm sawtooth floating rotors
Brake Pads: -
Brake Cables: -
Cantilever cable hangers: -
Brake Levers: -

Shifters: Shimano Dura ace bar end shifter on Paul Thumbie mount
Front Derailleur: n/a
Rear Derailleur: XT
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire braided
Cassette: SRAM
Chain: SRAM 991
Cranks: DMR ex-type (to be replace with xt once stripped and polished)
Crank Bolts: n/a
Chainrings: FSA 37 teeth
Chainring bolts:Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Hope stainless
Pedals: MKS

Hub Skewers: Hope
Rims: Mavic d321 front Mavic ex29
Hubs: Hope bulb gunmetal
Nipples: ?
Spokes: ?
Tyres: Maxxis Hookworm 26x2.5 but due to change to Schwalbe Nobby Nics
Tubes: Michelin DH

Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: Ringle Moby
Seatpost Binder: Hope

Weight: ??

DSCF6321.jpg

DSCF6325.jpg

DSCF6326.jpg

Next jobs
Fit XT crank and sort chainline
replace standard hoses with braided
replace hookworms with Nobby Nics
Possibly look for lighter wheelset but ideally on Hope bulbs

I understand it's just a singlespeed but that's no reason to try to burn it up in your fireplace. :p :D

I like the pearl white paint on that and the brown saddle w/ matching grips isn't something you see everyday on a Klein. Sharp.

How much does it weigh?

Not sure on weight yet but the wheels and tyres are draging it down significantly and definately want changing for something more xc orientated

still not convinced on the brown saddle/grips yet either

That little bit of red on the forks is really the only color on the bike. If it were mine, I'd put a bright red Flite saddle & matching red grips on it to pick up the bit of red in the K logo on the forks.

I like the simplicity, yet bold, statement of the white and brown.

Very nice ride you got there.

I think tanwall tires like would seal the deal (Panaracer Timbuk II).

yes I do agree with the tanwalls, if onlt there was more cjoice of the shelf. Are the Timbuk IIs available in the UK or the US only?

1x9 thoughts

I'm also running a similiar setup but on a parkpre steelframe, u need something to secure the chain in the terrain, and it looks like ur using a 32t ring? I would opt for a 36 with a 11-32 or a 38-9t with 11-34. I'm going for 38 or 39 my self for an allrounder and only use the 32 when it's really bad conditions. Looks very tidy I like the brown saddle and grips together with the pollished bits...

Re: 1x9 thoughts

captain8track":2yzd1tzt said:
I'm also running a similiar setup but on a parkpre steelframe, u need something to secure the chain in the terrain, and it looks like ur using a 32t ring? I would opt for a 36 with a 11-32 or a 38-9t with 11-34. I'm going for 38 or 39 my self for an allrounder and only use the 32 when it's really bad conditions. Looks very tidy I like the brown saddle and grips together with the pollished bits...

yeah i do quite fancy a paul chain keeper to match the thumbies but it willprobably be a mrp x1

thansks for the advie and the compliments, will try a 36t ring

Back